Pass Sec+ 12/14/2016

KhohezionKhohezion Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I know that other people have posted things that helped them with the test but I just thought I would chip in what I learned too.

Materials Used:
CBTNuggets (Offered by workplace)
Darrile Gibsons Gook
Darril Gibsons Gcga website.

I watched the CBT nugget videos first OVer the course of a month and then I read the book looked at DArril Gibsons website for 10 days. TBH the website is all you really need imo.

I got 6 of those exercise questions and the rest were regualr multple choice

What I noticed was that there were alot of Situational Questions so I used process of elimiation for this...

I passed with a 798 too :)

I followed your guys's advice here and it help alot. So thank you very much to this community for helping me out

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! What is next on your cert journey?
  • KhohezionKhohezion Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am not sure to be honest, I was looking into the eJPT or CEH or something... Any suggestions?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CEH for sure! eJPT honestly won't do you a lot of good for jobs. I don't really trust elearnsecurity since I have never seen their certs show up for postings anywhere. The knowledge may be decent but CEH will cover it more in depth than eJPT. Keep in mind that for CEH, you either need 2 years of security experience to be able to sit for the exam or attend their official training to get the certification provided you pass the exam. Look on EC-Council website to get more info about the specifics for the exam.

Also, look further on the forum for posts about study materials. For the most part, anything you search for on Amazon for CEH like Matt Walker or the Sybex book are good for CEHv9. I recommend the Matt Walker book for CEH as the Sybex book has the methodology all messed up and isn't the EC-Council methodology that is tested on in the exam.
    Ah I see... the only issue I am seeing is that I do not have proper work experience... I work in a Call center at the moment and I'm trying to find ways to get out of it.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
    Thanks for this advice, I am currently looking into other jobs possibly to apply for.

Also thank you everyone! I was extremely nervous when I was taking it
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you cannot provide the work experience to EC-Council, the only way they will allow you to sit their exam is using their iLearn option which costs $1899 that comes with the test voucher and access to labs for 6 months.

The eJPT costs $299 for the 30 hr access to labs or $399 for the 60 hr access.

I've taken both and they are both entry level certs and they both provide great learning experiences but I feel the labs with eJPT are far more superior than EC-Councils.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • LinguisticsLinguistics Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The issue with eJPT is that its rare to find it as a key word on any requirements for jobs. You see CEH daily though.
  • jazz_01jazz_01 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□