Switch Passed

ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
Just passed Switch this morning :D

I'd describe it as a combination of easier than expected and dang I should have payed more attention to that.

Starting Route today

Comments

• negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Did you feel that the time provided to sit through it is enough? Do the sims or questions throw curveballs or is it fair in wording & difficulty? Had my share of dumb questions on Cisco exams, albeit that was mostly on the voice track; R&S might be different.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    I had about 25 minutes left though I left a lab or two sooner than I wanted to for fear of not finishing in time. There were a few things that I didn't really expect to see that came up such as more than just Stackwise under topics 1.8 (Describe chassis virtualization and aggregation technologies) and stupid levels of detail in CDP (probably will never use in real world). Other than that if it seems like a curveball you either don't know it as well as you think you do, or you missed something in the wording. There were a few times I had to go back and undo my changes after rereading the requirements.

Some advice for the sims would be to read whole requirements once or twice before you start making your changes. Then before closing out of the sim go back and read the requirements and verify the config with your show commands as you work through. There was more than one thing I missed or misconfigured that I caught because I forced myself to do one more look before leaving. Basically pretend you are reviewing a junior engineers work ;)
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • adrianm68adrianm68 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done. Thanks for the info and good luck with route.
    2017 Goals: Cisco: [x]Switch [ ]Route [ ]Tshoot

Cisco engineer's command to teach his dog to sit: "no stand"
  • tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□