Options

Updated Security+

erazzerazz Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
I previously had passed Security+ but had it expire when I was battling cancer last year. I was wanting to get it again as a low hanging fruit cert, but how much has it changed since 2013? I had used Darril Gibson's study guide (cant find a version from it, bought the Kindle version), so wondering if he released a more current version for the exam now.

Comments

• Options
    xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't taken the Sec+ yet, but here's Gibson's guide for the latest exam (SY0-401):

https://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-Security-Certified-Ahead-SY0-401/dp/1939136024
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+
  • Options
    erazzerazz Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did, thanks. Was so much fun I followed it up with back surgery 4 weeks after being declared cancer free haha, needless to say i was glad 2015 is in the rear view mirror. Thanks for the updated resources, just need to get the motivation back i take it again to renew.
  • Options
    GoreadyGoready Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sky,
    Thank you so much for sharing the information on Measure up site. They offer a section for "Labs", which I seriously need. Im new to the site and love the shared information.
  • Options
    jazz_01jazz_01 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You will need multiple resources and some focused study to pass this exam. Mere memorization of content is unlikely to assist you. Many of the questions are about applied understanding.
    Gathering, assimilating and associating information leads to knowledge. The ability to draw forth the appropriate knowledge in the correct situation demonstrates understanding.

I think you should study through more resources like ucertify labs and simulators, Professor messers youtube videos, etc.