Is CISSP worth ?

Zed2017Zed2017 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys !!!

I recently join this forum and this is my first post.

Background: I have 20+ years of experience in IT infrastructure including design, implementation, support and since last 10 years completely moved to IT manager's profile with service delivery and project management skills.

Future goal: Its been few months I was thinking to focus more towards InfoSec and CyberSec domain. After quite a bit of research came to conclusion that CISSP might be the good "point of start" (???)

Seeking guidance: I would appreciate suggestion on my below queries from people who are CISSP certified.

Queries:

1. Is it really worth to go for CISSP certification with such background as mine?
2. Did you get recognition after bin CISSP ?
3. Did you come across to a great demand for CISSP from existing or new employers?
4. If at all one has to prepare for CISSP, - what could be the best study plan, materials, Do's, Dont's etc.

Thanks in advance for spending time on reading my post and possible response !!!

Comments

• Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    1. yes
    2. yes
    3. yes
    4. Follow the many threads in this forum where people post that they passed and give details on their materials and study plans.
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For starters read the Sybex 7th Ed. and watch Kelly Handerhan videos on cybrary.it. That will get you a good start.
  • ivx502ivx502 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1. Yes
    2. Yes and No like with most things your YMMV.
    3. Yes mostly new employers my current one at the time didn't care about it, until I sided with the network security manager over an issue. Then it became a major problem.
    4. Danelm7 summed it up best there's plenty of ways to study for this exam pick and choose the methods that work for you.
  • jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    do you have at least 5 years of experience in 2 of the 8 domains? Just because you are in IT does not mean you are in IT security.