IT HOLIDAY Deals - Udemy/Packt Publishing

chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
Just an FYI, if you like Udemy courses, ALL are available for $10 until Dec. 23rd.

Packt Publishing has all ebooks and videos for $5 or 5 items(ebooks/videos) for $25

No coupons needed. Stock up or forever hold your peace. icon_study.gificon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gificon_mad.gifmas:bowing.gif

Purchased the following: $25
Packt Publishing:
DNS in Action [eBook]
Digital Forensics with Kali Linux [Video]
Computer Forensics with FTK [eBook]
Practical Windows Forensics [eBook]
Practical Digital Forensics [eBook]

Udemy: $20
The Python Mega Course: Build 10 Real World Applications
Bash Scripting and Shell Programming (Linux Command Line)
Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX

Comments

• IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Never used Udemy, are you able to download the videos or is there any type of time limit on the course?
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    anyone recommend a CISSP course from Udemy?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wasn't seeing the Udemy discount till I logged in to my account. Thanks for the heads up on this.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    IaHawk wrote: »
    Never used Udemy, are you able to download the videos or is there any type of time limit on the course?
    You can download the course on any mobile device if you have the APP. Lets you download in HD in order to view the course offline. Unfortunately there is a time limit, based on your life span icon_lol.gif
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    anyone recommend a CISSP course from Udemy?
    Honestly I bought two back in 2015 and they were ok. I feel like buying a Udemy course for CISSP is not needed when you have Cybrary and Kelly Handerhan's CBT for free.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    Anyone recommend any cool courses on UDEMY? I don't know squat about them. I have heard some people take Udemy courses with books?
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have taken a few udemy courses. The Chris Bryant course for CCNA is pretty awesome he does a phenomenal job. He also keeps updating the content so you don't have to buy a new course every time there is an update to the materials. I got the CCNA and the CCNA security course.

For ten bucks a course, you can't go too wrong. All the courses have a free video or two so you can check them out. My work also pays for a pluralsight subscription, which I find has some good stuff too.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • C0rpseC0rpse Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    All the courses show $15.00 for me, am I missing something here?
    C0rpse wrote: »
    All the courses show $15.00 for me, am I missing something here?

Have you created an account and logged in yet?
    alias454 wrote: »
    Have you created an account and logged in yet?

Yup, I've had for about a year or two, currently logged in, all courses show $15.00 not $10.00
    Strange, all mine show up as $10. When I go there on IE and not logged in they show as $15.
    I tried using IE (typically use Chrome) same thing all courses $15.00, even at the top it says "Holiday special: get courses for $15."
    Maybe it is because I have purchased like 15 courses over the last year or two. I dunno.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Really odd. I logged in on my desktop and all courses were $10, with a giant holiday $10 courses greeting. I switched to my laptop 5 minutes later, gone is the $10 banner. Courses are showing at $15.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anyone recommend any cool courses on UDEMY? I don't know squat about them. I have heard some people take Udemy courses with books?

If you're into it, there's a good Sourcefire one on there. It's for 5.4, but much of it translates over. Quick watch, to the point, and is what got me started with the product.

Thought I'd mention it because other than the 2k+ page user guide, there isn't really that much out there on it for people starting out without official training
    yoba222 wrote: »
    Really odd. I logged in on my desktop and all courses were $10, with a giant holiday $10 courses greeting. I switched to my laptop 5 minutes later, gone is the $10 banner. Courses are showing at $15.

Hmm, maybe they are testing out price points.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    alias454 wrote: »
    Strange, all mine show up as $10. When I go there on IE and not logged in they show as $15.
    Another reason to ditch IE. :)
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
    As if we really needed another reason ;)