Crap. 70-411 failed today

AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
Let me start off by saying that I went into this one with only setting up NAP, WDS and DFS once or twice so I knew those areas were going to be challenging for me. The exam is tough but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I ended up with a 609 and knew which questions I floundered on as soon as they appeared on the screen. The questions were pretty straight forward but I did have some where I had no clue what they were even asking and a couple that required extreme familiarity with the GUI. I got home, immediately fired up my servers and saw exactly why I got numerous questions wrong. Good news is I got a 100% on Configure and Manage Group Policy :)

I've since ripped out all of my VMs and will rebuild, focusing on those three areas and hopefully schedule the retake either next week or the week after.

Comments

• lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck with your next attempt. Microsoft exams are not easy.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You will get it man.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's really not a bad score for only going through those topics once. Take your time and study and you'll get it next time for sure!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The focus on labbing is absolutely the right approach. You'll nail this next time.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback. The lab has been recreated with all of the member servers with no roles installed. We go again.
  • xrilekxrilek Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You should be able to get easy the next time mate. I got after scoring way less than you on my first go.
  • sbhawksbhawk Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck bud! Also take practice tests or find practice questions online. Take those tests over and over again until you FULLY understand why each answer was right and why the others were wrong. That really helped me with the 70-410. Getting used to Microsoft's style will help you think through a lot of exam questions without having to memorize 100% of the material.
  • atmsatms Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all,
    Happy new year :)
    Any recommendation of a good website to do practice tests.

Thanks in advance
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    atms wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Happy new year :)
    Any recommendation of a good website to do practice tests.

Thanks in advance

The Transcender practice tests for the 410 were great and for the 411 were just OK but still worth it in my opinion. I also used the Measure Up practice tests as well as the Transcender for the 411 and it seemed to really help. A lot of people on this forum seem to like Boson but I didn't care for them at all and the questions were nothing like what was on the actual exams but it might be worth checking into since so many others really like them.
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • KinecticKinectic Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    measure up tests are pretty good