• Options
    ming746ming746 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Active Directory
    Windows server
    Exchange server

These are my three goals for 2017
  • Options
    firemike314firemike314 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, considering my loosing streak at certifications. I'll attempt GCIA, GSEC, finish my second Bachelors, and finish my first Masters (MSISO). Then I will attempt CISSP once more at the end of the year.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Every Cloud and Splunk cert for my workplace. Gotta catch 'em all.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    VCDX: DCV

An AWS cert

In the above order.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    so because of work, my cert goals has changed
    I refuse to give up on the C|EH so that will be first but now ITIL is a must =(
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • Options
    krypto888krypto888 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Plan for 2017:

MCSA Windows Server 2012: 410 and 411. Plus starting off CCNP with Switch, leaving Route and Troubleshoot for the first half of 2018. But as for the coming year, sincerely hoping to not have to make any amendments in the process.
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Carrying over my 2016 certification goal of RHCE to the first week of January. My goal is to move into a DevOps role or senior Linux role in 2017, by adding the following to the list of certifications to my resume in no particular order: AWS:CSA, CCNA, ITIL, and EMCISA.
  • Options
    80hr80hr Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CEH ( work requirement)
    CAP ( work requirement)
    PMP
    CISSP-ISSAP
    Have: CISSP,CASP,MBA,ITILV3F,CSM,CEH

2017- NEED PMP
  • Options
    GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just started back in the IT world towards the end of 2016, so I need to try to hit it hard in 2017. I'm scheduled to take my n+ in January and then I'll go for my Security+ shortly after that. Then I'm on to CCNA Cyber Ops in the summer. My other goal isn't cert related, but I want to find an entry level job in security or networking.

I want to thank everyone on this site! You are all so nice and helpful! I've learned a lot just through your posts.
  • Options
    whitergwhiterg Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    in 2016, i planned to go for 2 GIAC certs in 2017 ; but i decided to give up on them (TOO expensive for a open book cert with little ROI other than marketing name ) so for 2017 with no particular order :

CCDE written -
    AWS (at least 3 of 5 certs)
    Juniper (SP track)
    Huawei ( track (s) ? )
    eCPPT (maybe OSCP or ISACA CSX ??)
  • Options
    Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    My Bachelor's Degree
    CCNP Security ASA Exam (To Re-up my NP/DP)
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Ok, I'll play!

I'm in the middle of working on my MBA in IT Management, which won't be complete until 2018, so my cert study will depend on allotting extra time.

70-243 - Administering and Configuring SCCM 2012 (Work requirement)
    70-417 - Upgrade MCSA: Server 2008 to MCSA: Server 2012

After those, I would really like to move on to CCNP: R&S, because my ultimate goal is to have at least one CCIE.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    I'm rethinking life and I figured out I just need one cert..

Dog Psychology Course, Canine Psychology Training and  Dog Behaviour 
    Reading
  • Options
    malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For me, If I pass first time round!

Windows 10 70-697 (Got my first ever Microsoft Exam on the 27th January)
    Windows 10 70-698, End of March
    Security+, End of May
    Abit of a break from certs
    Server 2016 70-740, Q3 2017 which will lead me into 2018 Q3 for completion of the cert.

All self study and funded by me.....so I need to pass!
    [h=3][/h]
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Options
    ctmcronctmcron Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I really only have two CISA and PMP. I took the CISA exam in December didnt study that hard for it since I was trying to finish my Master's. It wasn't as hard as I thought although the test questions were pretty vague. Happy New Year to everyone.
  • Options
    yparkypark Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    2016 was a fruitful year. Completed Net+, Linux+, CCNA R&S through WGU and landed a new job with 20k pay bump! I was too burned out to complete CCNA Security last year so it will be one of the first things on the list this year.

For 2017, the plan is:

- CCNA Security (WGU) by Feb
    - Complete Bachelors (WGU BSITSEC) by May
    - JNCIA (new employer is a Juniper shop) by June
    - RHCSA by Sep
    - CCNA CyberOps (Waiting for start date)

If I have enough steam after the above, I'll be looking at WireShark and Cisco/Juniper certs. I plan on building a solid network/Linux foundation this year before looking toward security oriented certs and paths.
    2022 Goals: [PCNSE] [JNCIS-SP] [JNCIS-SEC] [JNCIS-DevOps]
  • Options
    kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Last year, I passed GSEC, upgraded to VCP6-DCV, and got a free pass on the MCSE upgrade to 2016.

I'm doing GWAPT and GMON this year, and I'm also working on my Masters.
  • Options
    smguthriesmguthrie Member Posts: 28 ■■□□□□□□□□
    si20 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to get the MTA Server Fundamentals right off the bat. I want to take that exam no later than mid-February. That leaves me with 10 months to study for the MCSA Server 2012 track. I think that's going to be my year.
    Just curious....do you have any networking background. I'm wanting to get this same MTA along with Server+, but have seen it recommended on this forum to get the MTA Networking and Network+ certs first. Ideally, I would like to get the Server certs out of the way, but not at the expense of not understanding everything.
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Verities wrote: »
    Carrying over my 2016 certification goal of RHCE to the first week of January. My goal is to move into a DevOps role or senior Linux role in 2017, by adding the following to the list of certifications to my resume in no particular order: AWS:CSA, CCNA, ITIL, and EMCISA.

Obtained my RHCE, woot. Certification goal from 2016 complete lol. AWS or CCNA is probably up next.
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    70-410

if I get this completed this year that will be good goal.

life is busy and making this a goal is still a stretch for me, but it is a goal I plan to complete!
  • Options
    Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    CCNP R&S to be finished about march. Ill be testing for switch this week, already passed route so just Tshoot needed. From there im not too sure
  • Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Knocked out both A+ exams and Project+ (retakes) for WGU in the last 2 weeks of the year.

WGU BS ITSEC requirements:

Network +
    Linux+
    CCNA
    CCENT

Non WGU work related

Cyber Counter Intelligence Tradecraft certification
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    leboratoricalleboratorical Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    2017:
    CCSK
    maybe OSCP
    TOGAF

Having a hard look at starting a BSC at the end of the year.
  • Options
    jcp1856jcp1856 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    amcnow wrote: »
    Here's the link for 2016 certification goals.
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/115660-certification-goals-2016-a.html
    The last post was back in August. Given that and this year nearing its end, I figured now's a good time for this thread.

I'm studying for CAPM now, and will sit for the exam in January. I'm seriously considering CSSLP after that (assuming my CISSP endorsement application is processed before then icon_rolleyes.gif). I may cap it there (in favor of re-entering and finishing my masters program at WGU).

Anyone else have plans for 2017?

ITIL v3 Foundations(just got it today)
    CCNA
    Linux+ (maybe)
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    jcundiff wrote: »
    Cyber Counter Intelligence Tradecraft certification
    Are you referring to the certifications by Treadstone 71?

Please post a review of your training and certification experience. We have no mention of the Treadstone 71 Cyber Intelligence certs here on TE.
  • Options
    I have to reevaluate my certifications goals for 2017, management is a time consuming jealous lover as she leaves me no time for anything. I'm kicking all my goals out the window and just hoping for C|EH and ITIL, anything extra is a plus.
    Reading
  • Options
    80hr80hr Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Let me adjust my goals
    2017:
    CEH- Complete whoo
    PMP
    ITIL intermediate
    HCISSP
    Have: CISSP,CASP,MBA,ITILV3F,CSM,CEH

2017- NEED PMP
  • Options
    rsevillatorresrsevillatorres Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MCSA Windows Server 2012
    VACP6-DCV Design
  • Options
    infoscrubinfoscrub Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am taking CISSP in may. Work is paying for a bootcamp. I have a pile of ACAS and HBSS training to do for work as well.

I have CCNA cyber ops scheduled to start in December. I got lucky with it being so far out. I was worried I'd have to give up on it if it was scheduled before may.