100-105 Query

si20si20 Member Posts: 543 ■■■■■□□□□□
I noticed the 100-105 exam was the CCENT exam and to get the CCNA, you need the 200-105 AND the 100-105. Am I right in thinking that if you pass the 100-105 and 200-105 you'd get the CCENT and CCNA certification or have I mis-understood this? I've had a look on this forum and the Cisco website and that's the impression I get.

Thanks guys

Comments

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That is correct. You can do the 200-125 and get the CCNA, or you can do the two exam (two cert) track.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • si20si20 Member Posts: 543 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks! I might consider it for next year. I just need to knock out some server certs first!
  • WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thats correct. What you're refering to is the 'two exam path' to where the course it split in half - CCENT (100-105) then CCNA (200-105).

There is also the one exam path where study the entire course and sit one exam CCNA (200-125).

Both will result in the same CCNA, just depends on your expierence and how you want to study.

If you want more details the "exam blue prints" tell you what you need to know for each course.
  • rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    With reference to the exam topics from here https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccna/ccna-exam/exam-topics, drilling down into the list (E.g. 2.0 LAN Switching Technologies) I see such things as "Describe..." whatever. When I see "Describe...", does this mean that I'll be writing some form of an essay on the topic? If so, how long are the essays expected to be and in what form, i.e hand written or typed into a computer app?

With thanks.
    No longer an active member
  • WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For CCNA you won't need to write anything. The questions are mostly multiple choice and simulator. This is the question types you'll get:

7 Question Types on Cisco Certification Exams

When it says "Describe" it wants you at understand the topic at a conceptual level.

Configure takes it a step further requiring you to implement concepts, so knowing the related configuration commands.

Verify seems to focus a lot on predicting whats in the config without the "show running-config" command. You use other "show" commands and predict whats been configured based on the output. You also see how the device is actually behaving when you do it this way.

Troubleshoot is all of the previous plus the ability to notice and fix errors.
    clarson wrote: »
    ...no essay questions.

{Panic attack over}

That's a very useful link; thank you.

Have a good Christmas, all, and an even better 2017.
    WastedHat wrote: »
    For CCNA you won't need to write anything. The questions are mostly multiple choice and simulator. This is the question types you'll get:

7 Question Types on Cisco Certification Exams

When it says "Describe" it wants you at understand the topic at a conceptual level.

Configure takes it a step further requiring you to implement concepts, so knowing the related configuration commands.

Verify seems to focus a lot on predicting whats in the config without the "show running-config" command. You use other "show" commands and predict whats been configured based on the output. You also see how the device is actually behaving when you do it this way.

Troubleshoot is all of the previous plus the ability to notice and fix errors.

Thanks for that. The '7 Question Types...' link seems to have screen shots from the site linked from clarson's post. Both links are very useful, thanks.

Also, I've been learning as many 'show' commands as I can as I've figured out that it's (imho) one of the most useful commands to master.

Cheers for your help.