CISA 2016 Exam Test Scores

Comments

• kareem.noorkareem.noor Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks johnj6425.

Your results are quite commendable, congratulations on achieving such a high score.

Can you share your exam experience? Did you know that you were going to pass ? or was it so challenging that you were not sure about passing or scoring so high ?
    johnj6425 wrote: »
    Results from my September 2016 exam:

The Process of Auditing Information Systems: 653

Governance and Management of IT: 703
    Information Systems Acquisition, Development and Implementation: 550
    Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Service Management: 647
    Protection of Information Assets: 678

My final score was "647" in the top 5%.

It was difficult waiting the five weeks for my results. My study material was the official manual, but what really helped me was the database questions from ISACA. It took me another 6 weeks to get my certification.
  • EmergenicEmergenic Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks johnj6425.

Your results are quite commendable, congratulations on achieving such a high score.

Can you share your exam experience? Did you know that you were going to pass ? or was it so challenging that you were not sure about passing or scoring so high ?

Hi All,

I sat for the CISA exam in December, I used the QA Dbase exclusively 2 months and felt very confident that I was well prepared for the questions on the actual exam. Finished it in 2hr & 45mn including going over 8 questions that I marked for review.

Question: Has anyone here previously failed the exam after a similar testing experience to mine?

I passed the ISC(2) CISSP and CAP exams previously with ease, but this 5 week ISACA waiting period is making me a nervous wreck... icon_wink.gif
  • johnj6425johnj6425 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @kareem.noor

Thank you for the kind words. When I left the exam, I was unsure if I passed or failed. It was a little weird that I felt as if in a fog after the 4 hours. I went home and started looking up the questions that I could remember, and immediately realized that I failed two that I went back and changed during the exam (I was thankful that I stopped myself after changing my response on those two questions and stuck with my initial response on the remaining questions).

The five week wait time was difficult, and I was very much surprised with my score. Once again the questions from the ISACA database was the best money I spent and helped me pass the exam.

The best of luck with your exam results.
  • MunncharMunnchar Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations John, for doing so well on your exam. I too marked questions that I was unsure about and went back when I had time after answering the questions that I was certain was correct. I changed a good 13 questions, and realized after the exam that about 5 of them that I changed were correct. I'm crossing my fingers for the rest. I left the exam certain that I did well, but then at times I don't really know if I passed. This waiting period is terrible icon_sad.gif. Hopefully they release the results before the 5 weeks.
    @Munnchar

Thank you. It's hard to do, but I normally try to stick with my initial response. I know the waiting sucks and good luck!!
  • imtiazdbblimtiazdbbl Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    a) block the channel where the attack is doing.
    b) Analysis the assets which were affected .

I think this question was there in this CISA December exam.

who can told the correct answer ?
  • RogueJDRogueJD Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Incident Response is triage. Analysis comes later.
  • Hunter ZolomanHunter Zoloman Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also had like good 5 6 questions I changed my answers for....this wait is a torture...
    Hope everybody is holding up alright. 2 weeks and 2 days of waiting done ! alot more to go!

Anxiety pangs are driving me restless !
    This is the last time of paper based exam. I think this time ISACA will be relax to increase passing rate.
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    imtiazdbbl wrote: »
    This is the last time of paper based exam. I think this time ISACA will be relax to increase passing rate.

lol dont get your hopes up... just because they are changing the delivery method doesnt mean they are changing the pass/fail mark... they should not lower the passing mark as it lowers the overall value of the cert icon_rolleyes.gif
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
    I agree with jcundiff comment. I've found that the ISACA exams are difficult for a reason by making the individual work for the certification.
    I keep having dreams about my CISA exam results lol...every time it's time to get the score I wake up. This time someone manually graded the exam and said that I may have passed.....ugh!!!!!!! I think it's the anxiousness getting to me.
  • nucho2013nucho2013 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guys, has anyone tried the magic link?

CISA Dec 2015 --> https://svpr-isg-a1.isaca.org/isgweb...ode=CISAEX1215

Change the year to 16 instead of 15.
    The "magic link" topic comes up each test cycle. I'm not sure it's going to work. Some have reported success in the past, and it seemed that the results were available online at the same time this link seemed to be working as reported by other ISACA members.
    nucho2013 wrote: »
    Guys, has anyone tried the magic link?

CISA Dec 2015 --> https://svpr-isg-a1.isaca.org/isgweb...ode=CISAEX1215

Change the year to 16 instead of 15.
    nothing is coming by this magic link.
  • Hunter ZolomanHunter Zoloman Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did not work...
    The link isn't working. Has it worked for you nucho2013?
  • nucho2013nucho2013 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Link should work a week before the official results are out.
  • kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As per the previous year trends results should be out by Jan 13th - considering it is Friday or my a maximum of Jan 16th.
    Another 2 weeks wait. icon_smile.gif
    I guess the best we can do now is keep on practicing and do some more mock tests !

I went through a test today, finished it in 2 hours and scored an 80%; but that's because I knew the answers to most of them.

Gosh the real one was so tough! totally demoralised, I do believe I may not make it !

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everybody a Happy New Year 2017, and hope that with its advent, we'll have the courage to face countless obstacles that will come.
  • ctmcronctmcron Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Same to you!!!
    Result may be come by the end of this friday.
  • kdotnohkdotnoh Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If the release of the results follow previous exam cycles, most likely in the middle of next week we'll see the results.
  • RogueJDRogueJD Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Unless you took the CRISC like me. When I start seeing all of the "I did it!!" threads, I'll still have a few more weeks of nervous anticipation. icon_sad.gif
  • JmonJmon Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone know how we receive the scores? Email, mail, etc.
  • kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Jmon wrote: »
    Anyone know how we receive the scores? Email, mail, etc.

If you have opted to receive the score by email, then you will receive it in email. While registering i think, by default the option is enabled.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When I took my CISM and CISA in June and December 2015 respectively, I received my results via email first on the 5th Friday around 12:30 pm eastern time. Which probably mean Friday 13th Jan for CISA and CISM Dec 2016 results. ISACA updated the MyISACA page later and postal mail arrived weeks later as I am in Asia.

Good luck to exam takers and add exam@isaca.org to your email whitelist. Hope to read the good news. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Hopefully this is the week and good luck to everyone!!!

I still have to wait another three weeks for my CRISC results.