Options

Which mobile OS is more secure?

nssatikkunvarnssatikkunvar Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
After suffering a serious malware attack on my android phone I'm bit confused whether to stay with Android ecosystem or switch back to Windows 10 mobile?

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    here i expected to hear the usual ios vs android question!

imo they're all the same, what matters is what you do with them. dont think of them as phones; think of them like computers. would you install random "free" russian versions of legitimate, commercial programs on your computer? if you did, would you agree that there is a degree of risk that you choose to accept?
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Don't use your phone for looking on pron. Problem solved. I kid... but really just have to be careful like the smart man above me says, no matter what OS your on.
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    According to various anti-virus vendors reports I read Android is the most infested with malware by far. That is the price the most popular ecosystem has to pay no matter how cool, robust and secure it is.

If you don't want to deal with this switch back to Windows or buy iPhone.
  • Options
    nssatikkunvarnssatikkunvar Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank for your time bud. I'm using my more like a computer only as I use it for official tasks more than personal. And I always keep safe distance from "Free Russian version of legitimate". :D