Options

Second CISSP Failure

dony2015dony2015 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
Need help urgently. I failed CISSP in July, failed it again December 19 where I was hammered with Cloud security questions under Software development security. My question now is, am I eligible to take this exam again end of January 2017 or do I have to wait longer than that? I need to acquire this certification as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance for advices.

Comments

• Options
    SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dony2015 wrote: »
    Need help urgently. I failed CISSP in July, failed it again December 19 where I was hammered with Cloud security questions under Software development security. My question now is, am I eligible to take this exam again end of January 2017 or do I have to wait longer than that? I need to acquire this certification as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance for advices.

• The second time a candidate does not pass the exam for any (ISC)² certification, they will need to wait 90 days prior to sitting for the exam again
  • Options
    simondeyssimondeys Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Bro ,

Too bad to hear that , we are in the same boat

Even i was surprised to see tons of Cloud Computing and Application Security questions , which you will never find their answers in any of the study material.

It seems the questions and their pattern are being repeated.

I would suggest wait for a while , until they change their question set , which should not be too long.
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    simondeys wrote: »
    Hi Bro ,

Too bad to hear that , we are in the same boat

Even i was surprised to see tons of Cloud Computing and Application Security questions , which you will never find their answers in any of the study material.

It seems the questions and their pattern are being repeated.

I would suggest wait for a while , until they change their question set , which should not be too long.

What until the questions change instead of learning the material that you may need someday? Great, another paper CISSP on the way!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    simondeys wrote: »
    ...which you will never find their answers in any of the study material.

That right there shows that you do not understand the CISSP at all. This is not Security+ where the test is mostly based on definitions. The CISSP CBK clearly states:

"This reference list is not intended to be an all-inclusive collection representing the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK). Its purpose is to provide candidates a starting point for their studies in domains which need supplementary learning in order to complement their associated level of work and academic experience. Candidates may also consider other references, which are not on this list but adequately cover domain content."

So instead of taking shortcuts please take a moment to understand what this test is really about and prepare accordingly.
  • Options
    stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The cloud questions . will remain . they are probably . testing the new question set to find out if they need new materials and those questions actually don't hurt your score and can only help it.
    Free Reading : History Books
  • Options
    lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can't rely solely on your study guides. More recent technology is being added to the exam and it probably isn't going to be removed. If you only see a brief description in your study guides on topics, such as cloud, SDNs and IOT, it should motivate you to look up more information on those topics (It's all over the web). The majority of people who passed didn't use just one, sole source
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+