How I passed SY0-401

errorondefaulterrorondefault Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I'm a first year computer science student with no work experience. Wanting to start to work in IT-Security while finishing my B.Sc. online I chose to get the SY0-401.
Started watching Professor Messer while waiting for Darril Gibson's Study Guide that had to be shipped from the US, once it arrived I read it front to back and did not go back to Messer.
I got access to gcgapremium and went through ALL the tests. After I got through all of them I did all the free tests online. Then I went back to gcgapremium but noticed that I started to memorize so instead I stamped out the exam objectives and started to go through them highlighting everything I did not feel 100% solid on. Then I did my readings on the topics I highlighted. In the mean time I bought the premium voucher bundle. Once I got through my readings I did all the certmaster banks that come with the bundle.
I finally felt ready to take the exam and scheduled it for yesterday.
Passed with 807!icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif
Looking back the most valuable was Darril Gibson's book and gcgapremium. Wouldn't have been able to do it without! The least helpfull was certmasters, I honestly feel that it did not help me prepare for the exam at all. For me personally also Messer didn't help because I retain information a lot better by reading it then by watching a video.
Sincerely,
errorondefault

Comments

• jrisbrookjrisbrook Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How long would you say the time period was that you studied for from beginning to end? How much past experience with computers do you have?
    Currently working on : BS C.S.I.A - WGU

Just trying to be better today, than I was yesterday...
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! :D
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • errorondefaulterrorondefault Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It took me like two weeks to read the whole book and another week to do quizzes and do some follow up readings.
    I really don't know how the scoring works but I think 807 is decent right?