Security+ Failed Study Help

mizterkewlmizterkewl Member Posts: 122 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have been studying since the summer and recently took the test and completely bombed it. I think it was because I really wasn't prepared for the simulation/performance based questions. I've read Darril's book and watched Professor Messer's videos. I've read online that Darril's performance based questions helped. I just wanted to make sure it's his practice questions I should be purchasing...

btw...I don't know how people study and pass in two weeks.

Comments

• grave_diggergrave_digger Member Posts: 127
    Great advice. And also look for online programs that have stimulations. I think that furthers the understanding of any certification.
    1776 is the answer to 1984!
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mizterkewl wrote: »
    I have been studying since the summer and recently took the test and completely bombed it. I think it was because I really wasn't prepared for the simulation/performance based questions. I've read Darril's book and watched Professor Messer's videos. I've read online that Darril's performance based questions helped. I just wanted to make sure it's his practice questions I should be purchasing...

btw...I don't know how people study and pass in two weeks.

I agree. I don't see how anyone could study and pass in 2 weeks, unless of course they are just reviewing. I'm right there with you though. I've been studying for 4 months now and just now feel ready to test. (I'm studying n+ not s+.) Anyway, I'm taking skyliinez's suggestions too. I've used Transcender for my practices tests and they are pretty good. Not sure what they're like for s+. Someone else may comment?? Anyway, the other thing I've found helpful is trying to verbalize what I learned to someone (anyone who will listen). I think I know something really well until I try to explain it. Not saying that's you or that you don't understand, I've just found it helpful for me as I study.
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Linking your other post here: http://www.techexams.net/forums/security/124272-failed-security-study-help.html
    to help those reviewing this post looking for help, suggestions.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I had to pass this exam as a conditional work requirement upon hire. I was given a two-week deadline for studying. The ONLY reason I passed was from previous studying through my Master's degree. This is a tough exam with a lot of technical questions and VERY difficult simulations, NOT to be taken lightly.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College