Passed PCNSE 7

MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
Not sure if this is the best place for this thread, but I decided to attempt to finish 2016 off with another certification. I passed the Palo Alto PCNSE7 exam this morning. It wasn't too difficult of an exam. I work on PA firewalls every day though.

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ah that is good stuff! Congrats on the pass! I am so jealy of you :D It is one of the certs I eventually want to get into. What did you use to study?
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well you have CISSP and that is next on my list, so I'm jealy lol. I passed one exam for CCNP Security, which you also have, so I'm extra jealy

On Palo Alto's site, they have a study guide, so I used that along with documentation. I also had purchased a Palo Alto course from RouteHub (www.routehub.net). It's a good course and cheap. I like their stuff.

CBTNuggets also has a good course, if you have a subscription to that
    I should mention, I also have a Palo Alto VM-100 lab license, so I have that setup in my home lab, so that helps too
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Very cool! Thinking of trying this at some point also but not just yet. I have the ACE but thats just basics. I need to spend more time on the Palo's but can't find enough, doing the training courses in a few months. How proficient are you with it? I might have to ask you for some recommendations some time :).
    MitM wrote: »
    I should mention, I also have a Palo Alto VM-100 lab license, so I have that setup in my home lab, so that helps too

Looking to get one also to practice a bit more, its either that or PA-200.
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    Very cool! Thinking of trying this at some point also but not just yet. I have the ACE but thats just basics. I need to spend more time on the Palo's but can't find enough, doing the training courses in a few months. How proficient are you with it? I might have to ask you for some recommendations some time :).

I'm pretty proficient. We only have palo alto firewalls where I work. A lot of PA-200, PA-500 and PA-3020s. The one area I was lacking was in the CLI, so I had to improve there.

The routehub course is really good. I never got to take an official course.

PA-200 would be an excellent choice for home. I was going to buy one myself, but I'll probably get an ASA 5506x instead
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    MitM wrote: »
    Well you have CISSP and that is next on my list, so I'm jealy lol. I passed one exam for CCNP Security, which you also have, so I'm extra jealy
    icon_thumright.gif
    On Palo Alto's site, they have a study guide, so I used that along with documentation. I also had purchased a Palo Alto course from RouteHub (www.routehub.net). It's a good course and cheap. I like their stuff.

CBTNuggets also has a good course, if you have a subscription to that

Thanks for the update. Ughhh CISSP was a beast....

I have the PA-100vm too, and that user guide manual is pretty steep like 900pgs. The study guide is not bad at under 200pgs.

I just have to buckle down, spend some time reading and labbing. Both of which I dont have for 2017 since I am pretty much booked. PCNSE will be my first goal come 2018.

Thanks for the input and congrats once again! icon_cheers.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • basutungalbasutungal Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All, Can any passed the exam recently? if passed what are the extra questions which are not part of **** ...
  • alangloisalanglois Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I myself am not looking for **** but I would like to know if anyone out there has found any legitimate test preparation applications with hundreds of questions derived from the Study Materials....

I have been searching quite a while and continue to search (which lead me here), for a quizzing application that is NOT a ****... but is a legitimate test preparation and study tool. If I happen to find one I will come back and share... but until then... I am still searching for a practice quiz / flashcard resource that isnt a ****.
    MitM

Thanks for the RouteHub tip, I picked it up this week and about 3/4 through my first pass with the vids....this is great content to compliment the study materials.
    basutungal wrote: »
    Hi All, Can any passed the exam recently? if passed what are the extra questions which are not part of **** ...
    Okay, so beyond the test quiz directly from the PAN site, which is exactly what I am looking for except maybe 2-3 hundred questions longer, I have yet to find that particular resources that is legitimate but 2-3 hundred questions longer.... again, if I find anything like that I will post. The test quiz on the pan site is perfect because it shows where more study is needed and in what area's when you miss a questions... But I personally find that I am better prepared for a test if can find a quiz application or flashcard application that I can run through that has hundreds of questions vs. every single thing I am finding which keeps it to around 60 questions..... so I am still looking.
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for keeping us updated. I'll be watching for your update. Have you tried any of the flashcard apps for smartphones?
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • GreenHornetGreenHornet Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing that website. I just finished going through paid Palo Alto training, and it was pretty detailed. The freaking WildFire, URL filtering, and USER ID. The troubleshooting alone made me want to burn it with a flame thrower :D.
  • deadjoedeadjoe Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed first try in July last year. This was before the study guide and practice questions were released. If you have the recommended six months hands on experience, then the exam is not too hard. icon_wink.gif
  • AkihideAkihide Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey !

I'm taking the exam on Friday.
    I'm having the PA-201/205 courses this week.

I'd like to train more than I do, are there any **** available ? I don't mind them being outdated, I just to train (tho if these are the real ones I don't mind either haha)

Thanks everyone, and sorry, I'm not a native speaker !
  • arnab.techcoolarnab.techcool Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi ,

I am new to this forum . I am sitting for the PCNSE7 exam later this month . Can anyone tell me if I can re take this exam if I not able to clear it in the first shot ?
    Akihide wrote: »
    Hey !

I'm taking the exam on Friday.
    I'm having the PA-201/205 courses this week.

I'd like to train more than I do, are there any **** available ? I don't mind them being outdated, I just to train (tho if these are the real ones I don't mind either haha)

Thanks everyone, and sorry, I'm not a native speaker !

This forum doesnt support dumbs. All the materials are available for the exam. You just have to read.
    Hi ,

I am new to this forum . I am sitting for the PCNSE7 exam later this month . Can anyone tell me if I can re take this exam if I not able to clear it in the first shot ?

You can retake it after some time i believe.
  • billiebilliebilliebillie Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cong...!
    My best wishes are for all the candidates who are going to appear in PCNSE7 exam. And I will suggest them to use PCNSE7 braindumps to get the best of their efforts. I also passed my IT certification by downloading PCNSE7 **** material from ****. I say thanks for this.