ISACA computer based testing in 2017

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
I was hoping that with the new CBT format you would be able to take the test at any time during the year but it seems that ISACA has placed 8 week restrictions on this and exams can only be taken during those periods. Not a big deal, just not a fan of the format.

Comments

• 80hr80hr Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was thinking the same thing ..... at least you can take the test at a local testing center which cuts down on the travel expense.
    Have: CISSP,CASP,MBA,ITILV3F,CSM,CEH

2017- NEED PMP
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I see no issue with it. You basically have from May through December to test and its 2 month blocks where you can test. May & June, August & September, November & December. Unbelievable flexibility compared to 2-3 DAYS per year.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The only concern I have is about the registration formalities. All the other exams we can register it anytime and based on the availability even if it is tomorrow we can take it. Here early registration will have some discount and there could be different fee for late registration and all.
    Yes, I agree, this give some flexibility for us to take the exam.I believe someone who wanted to take CISA, CISM or CRISC in 1 month can attempt it.
    So this is a good move for sure.