eLearnSecurity's PTP Metasploit/Ruby Module

globalenjoiglobalenjoi Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey everyone. I'm going to go ahead and purchase the PTP course today while I can still get the $200 discount on it, and up to now I was set on doing the Full version. Now I'm thinking it might be worth it to do the Elite version. Can anyone tell me if the additional module on Ruby/Metasploit is worth the extra $200?

Bonus question: is 60 hours enough lab time to complete the course and prep for the eCPPT? I'm trying to use this course and exam to prep for the PWK/OSCP next summer, so I don't want to short myself, but 120 hours sounds like a TON of lab time.

Comments

• supasecuritybrosupasecuritybro Member Posts: 206 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As someone who is currently doing it, I am glad I got the elite since I have no deadline to the exam. I say that since I had a lot of personal things that came up and I had to halt my studying. I am going back into it now. I think that the lab time is too long, but you can go back into it after you complete the course to get better at skills. Also its still available after you finish the exam. I have some of my time left on my eJPT so I am using that to practice skills to go into the eCPPT with enough practice. Just my two cents.
    Completed: CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, CCSA R80, eJPT, CySA+, M.S. Information Security
    Current Goal: CCSE
    Continuous Education Plan:​ AWS-SAA, OSCP, CISM
    Book/CBT/Study Material:​ Max Power
  • MaximlockeMaximlocke Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Go with the elite, just for the extra time and free re sits is needed. I really liked that i could download the PDFs too, makes accessing them easier on my phone and works computer.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Go with the Elite. Most of the time life will get in the way of your studies. In the elearnsecurity forum someone asked if the exam covers the ruby/metasploit module and the wifi modules. The guys at ELS said NO, the test is only covering the web/systems/network modules. Many students say the ruby/metasploit module helped them during the test.

If it helps, and you learn something valuable, I would suggest getting the Elite version. I am currently doing the eCPPT as well and I got the Elite only because I upgraded from PTPv2 to v4.

I too plan on going after the OSCP mid of 2017.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think that I was asking that question in the ELS forums. I only needed the full version to pass the eJPT but I am getting stuck in some of the labs where it relates to ruby scripts so I may ask the admins if there is a way to upgrade from full to elite.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • chazb0tchazb0t Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I failed my first eCPPT attempt bc I got stuck on the buffer overflow portion, it's definitely worth the free retake and no time limit/expiration IMHO.
  • supasecuritybrosupasecuritybro Member Posts: 206 ■■■■□□□□□□
    is there a time limit between the retakes?
    Completed: CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, CCSA R80, eJPT, CySA+, M.S. Information Security
    Current Goal: CCSE
    Continuous Education Plan:​ AWS-SAA, OSCP, CISM
    Book/CBT/Study Material:​ Max Power
  • globalenjoiglobalenjoi Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I ended up getting the Elite package, after my wife told me to just go for it! I'll be getting started on this right after I wrap up my editing assignment for my SANS course. Thanks for all the feedback!
    Awesome and congrats!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Good luck! I can't wait to get back to this.

I've got other priorities come up so I had to stop. Glad I got the Elite version!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• globalenjoiglobalenjoi Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm going to be so busy over the next few months.. I'm finishing up my editing assignment for a SANS course this month and starting on this ELS course, then in March I start the Cisco cybersecurity course. In April I'll be going to Baltimore for GCIH, plus NetWars Continuous, and I'm going to see about the OSCP/PWK course for this summer. In the fall I'll do GCIA plus a gold paper to finish out the year. Looks to be a solid year for training and certifications!
    NetWars Continuous looks super cool!