Options

Best CCNA security book

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
So, I need people's help! I am studying the Security track right now. My company has a subscription to INE's library, so that helps out a lot. However, I find I retain the most information when I watch a video, and then read about it. I looked on Amazon and saw they have the Cisco book, however, it doesn't appear to have great reviews. Can anyone make any recommendations?
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• Options
    neonmanneonman Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Cisco book isn't great so what I do if I want to read up on a topic is do a search for it on the cisco website. For example if I want to know more about root guard I would do a search in google for rootguard site:cisco.com or for DHCP Snooping site:cisco.com

The cisco guides are usually very good if I still want more then a general google search might bring up some results from blogs that have writen about it.

Best of luck.
    Neon
  • Options
    I appreciate the information. I just purchased Chris Bryant's guide, plus the INE videos at work. While I work with security tools at my job, I think just watching the videos should be good enough. Fingers crossed.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    ilikeshellsilikeshells Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    FWIW, I recently passed and would not have done so without the Boson Exam Sim. I highly recommend going through the 4 practice exams and spend significant time in the details given.
  • Options
    Perfect, thank you for the recommendation!
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    medicmedic Member Posts: 116 ■■■□□□□□□□
    FWIW, I recently passed and would not have done so without the Boson Exam Sim. I highly recommend going through the 4 practice exams and spend significant time in the details given.

I second this. CBT Nuggets and the Boson ExamSim were my primary sources.