GCIH Practice Exam

superstarmdsuperstarmd Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone. I recently failed my 2 GCIH practice exams and don't want to pay $139 for another one as it is a bit much and I am a little budget constrained. So if anyone is willing to donate, it'd be much appreciated

Comments

• 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Where's the Kickstarter?

What areas are giving you a hard time?

Not a lot of infosec experience under your belt making it challenging?

While nobody here will give you money (most likely), you'll find lots of advice for how to do better on the test and in security in general
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Yeah, what's the background story? Did you take the class, are you challenging it? Give us more!
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Practice tests just give you an idea of what the test will be like, after 2 of em I don't think a 3rd would be that big of help. I definitely wouldn't spend the money on a third. With using an index you should be able to practically look up most of the questions on the exam in the course materials with the time they give you.

What were your scores? Did you create an index before the attempting practice tests? How in depth is your index?

Edit: guess I didn't think about if he was "challenging" it... If so, you can ignore most of what I just said
  • superstarmdsuperstarmd Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for commenting, guys. I actually got 70% on the 2nd practice exam with minimal reference to index/books. The 1st one was a dry run without using anything. I'm feeling 80-85% confident with my current knowledge but part of me still hopes to be able to do another practice exam...before the real exam scheduled for next week.
  • superstarmdsuperstarmd Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It'd not necessarily be a new set of practice questions. Any questions that you recorded I think would also help. Thanks.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thank you for commenting, guys. I actually got 70% on the 2nd practice exam with minimal reference to index/books. The 1st one was a dry run without using anything. I'm feeling 80-85% confident with my current knowledge but part of me still hopes to be able to do another practice exam...before the real exam scheduled for next week.

While extra practice exams do come available time to time, there isn't nearly enough people taking SANS exams for them available in such a short time period, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.
    The 1st one was a dry run without using anything.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, you shouldn't be challenging yourself to see how well you can do on a practice exam without reference material, minimal studying or getting plastered drunk the night before to see how well you do with a pounding headache and hangover. Every practice test should be treated as you were taking the real exam, If you do good, you know your ready for the test, if not you will know what areas your weak on.
    It'd not necessarily be a new set of practice questions.

I've hear about people who record there practice exams to help them study, I'm not a fan of this method. Sharing recorded practice exams would be a serious violation of the GIAC confidentiality agreement, personally I wouldn't risk it.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.