CISSP Flashcards?

pizzafiascopizzafiasco Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Now that cccure.org is closed, are there any other recommendations for free CISSP flashcards?

Comments

• Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    how do you get 15 days? if I select trial, it just shows the first chapter? do you need to make an actual account?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • DocRoyDocRoy Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oh wow. Why did CCure shut down?
  • laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They aren't free but if you want to get your hands on the flashcards I used to pass the CISSP exam first time you can get hold of them here. Or if you just want to write your own as you study there's quite a few tips on how you might like to do that too.

https://www.cyberonthewire.com/cissp-flashcards-why-you-need-them/

Good luck to those taking the CISSP exam - it's a beast!
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog
  • fasi999fasi999 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would prefer books and questions practice over flashcards. This exam is not about remembering its about understanding
  • cbdudekcbdudek Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used two different flashcard programs on the Android.

The first is the ISC2 CISSP Official Study Android App. That has flashcards built into it that worked really well. I really liked the practice tests too. $10
    The second is CISSP Flashcards by BH Inc. There are a ton of flashcards here that helped me as well. Free if you don't mind ads.

I will tell you that both of these apps will help you because they are on your phone. I fired up one of these study aids whenever I had spare time on the go. Having these on a mobile device make it ultra convenient.
  • shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The official CISSP iOS/Android app has a bunch of flash cards for each domain.
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • dragonfly_222dragonfly_222 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used Quizlet - it's subscription based for $19/year. They have a set of official CISSP cards on the site (as well as others that users have set up). I compared them to the official ones I got from a week long class and they matched. Was great since you can use them on a computer or mobile phone with the app. They have a 'learning' option where you tell them a date you want to know everything by and it'll remind you to run through them and pace them out so that you can learn as you go. You can also create your own sets. Quite helpful.
  • TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    I used Quizlet - it's subscription based for $19/year. They have a set of official CISSP cards on the site (as well as others that users have set up). I compared them to the official ones I got from a week long class and they matched. Was great since you can use them on a computer or mobile phone with the app. They have a 'learning' option where you tell them a date you want to know everything by and it'll remind you to run through them and pace them out so that you can learn as you go. You can also create your own sets. Quite helpful.

I used a Quizlet for mine as well. Plus, you can set it to audio mode. I used this while commuting to/from work. Just turned it on, and did audio flash-cards. They were super helpful.
  • pinksjpinksj Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TankerT wrote: »
    I used a Quizlet for mine as well. Plus, you can set it to audio mode. I used this while commuting to/from work. Just turned it on, and did audio flash-cards. They were super helpful.

Hi wanted to check if you used your own or existing ones out there. If you used existing ones which one do you recommend.
  • TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    pinksj wrote: »
    Hi wanted to check if you used your own or existing ones out there. If you used existing ones which one do you recommend.

I used some existing ones, but I removed them from my account a while ago and don't recall who made them. But, I took the previous version of the exam, so the topics have changed since then anyway.
  • dragonfly_222dragonfly_222 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    pinksj wrote: »

I used the official ones.. they are listed as: Official (ISC)2 CISSP - Domain x:name

So for example Official (ISC)2 CISSP - Domain 7: Security Operations

I created a folder and then added each set to it and that created one large set I could then study from.

I also created a couple of sets of my own of things not in the above sets.

HTH.
    Kelly
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How about going old school and buying index cards? I do that and the act of writing helps you learn the material.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• pinksjpinksj Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @TankerT and @Dragonfly_222 thank you for replying back. I have added the official ones available.

Mostly need the cards where memorization is necessary like the EAL levels, Port numbers, Steps for BCP and such.

@NavyMooseCCNA:I do use index cards while at home. When I am traveling Quizlets are very helpful.