Passed RHCSA , going for RHCE

egyasia.comegyasia.com Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys , I Passed RHCSA after 5 days preparation of mike jang's book and doing practice labs on CentOS Host and CentOS VMs , there wasn't much new info as I got linux+ fresh 1 month ago which in my opinion was mandatory before taking in RHCSA , I will chill for few days then setin again for RHCE , does jang's book remains a good material for this one ? or do I need to switch?

Comments

• VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    You must have a good amount of Linux experience or a photographic memory to take the RHCSA after 5 days of prep, so congrats. The RHCE is probably not as achievable in that amount of time to the average Linux admin unless you work with everything listed in the objectives on the regular. I've been using Michael Jang's book for my retake of RHCE and its not bad, but I recommend also using another study source to compliment it. Red Hat documentation can be used to do so or Linux Academy or Sander Van Vugt's materials. Also, Certdepot has different ways to complete tasks as well, that don't align with the newer technologies (think BIND instead of Unbound for DNS cache only server).

Go read my thread on the RHCE for more information:

Road to RHCE
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • hannismhannism Member Posts: 112
    Congrats on the pass. I agree, I would also get Sander Van Vugt's book as well.

So far, I'm using Linux Academy, certdepot and Mike Jang's book. I'll get Sander Van Vugt's book a bit later.
    Obtained: CompTIA Linux+ [X] CompTIA Security + [X] CCENT [X] CCNA: Routing and Switching [X] CCNA: Security [X] CCNA: Wireless [X] Linux Server Professional (LPIC-1) [X] SUSE Certified Linux Administrator [X]
    Currently studying: Red Hat Certified System Administrator > Red Hat Certified System Engineer > CISSP
  • egyasia.comegyasia.com Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the replies , unfortunately the RHCE is only avail in 1 center here in Malaysia and they are still waiting for candidates to apply to setin for exam as the minimal number in the exam should be 8 persons , maybe the earliest setin will be at end of FEB so I will just pause on linux now and go for CCNA for now.
  • hannismhannism Member Posts: 112
    To me, the CCNA:R&S was easier than the RHCSA. Your mileage may vary, but I don't forsee that you'll have any problems passing it. Just make sure you can subnet quickly.
    Obtained: CompTIA Linux+ [X] CompTIA Security + [X] CCENT [X] CCNA: Routing and Switching [X] CCNA: Security [X] CCNA: Wireless [X] Linux Server Professional (LPIC-1) [X] SUSE Certified Linux Administrator [X]
    Currently studying: Red Hat Certified System Administrator > Red Hat Certified System Engineer > CISSP