BOOM CEH V9.0 complete

80hr80hr Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just knocked out CEH v9 in 60 min flat .

Needed for some resume padding and U.S. Army positions....

PMP is next

Prep : 30 Days with AIO , FedVTE

I also work with the CND / Net assurance at both of my jobs so work experiance helps out.

Spent more time then needed getting ready..... ( due to work exp and having CISSP,CASP etc...) overall a fun experience.
Have: CISSP,CASP,MBA,ITILV3F,CSM,CEH

2017- NEED PMP

Comments

• 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! I decided to finally give in and take CEH this year 100% just for resume padding. Every prospective job in my area is asking for it even if hacking is totally unrelated to the job, so.....

Do they still use that dumpy remote proctor system? Last time I encountered ?ProctorU? it had issues with my work laptop and I was in a last minute scramble hacking my own system to disable the security controls to get it all working OK
  • 80hr80hr Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You are right , I can't throw a stick without hitting some company that is asking for CEH and boy does the Army / military as a whole love it for the check box.

It was so annoying .... turn this off... turn this off.... try again..

on the test front I was actually trying to finish as soon as possible.. The proctor says " Ok, you can't get up so you might want to go to the bathroom before the test starts ... " Me " No problem, I am good to start the exam , let us just finish this thing" what happens 3 min into the exam... I have to go to the bathroom. just my luck.

I am fully expecting an audit because I was able to knock out the exam so quickly.

2017- NEED PMP
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    80hr wrote: »
    I am fully expecting an audit because I was able to knock out the exam so quickly.

Haha, I passed the CEHv8 exam in like 45 min. Only thing I got was a lousy certificate in the mail! LOL

Congrats on the pass!
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    I literally just passed too. Congrats
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
    Is it common with EC Council to not to receive any Congratulations Email or any proof that you passed the exam?

2017- NEED PMP
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Got an email notification close to 48 hrs later.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
    Thanks !!

2017- NEED PMP
  • wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are people self funding this cert it seems so expensive for what it really is
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are people self funding this cert it seems so expensive for what it really is

Thats a good reason.
  • securemotusecuremotu Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289

PMP is next

I also work with the CND / Net assurance at both of my jobs so work experiance helps out.

Spent more time then needed getting ready..... ( due to work exp and having CISSP,CASP etc...) overall a fun experience.

congrats man!!!
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    Thats a good reason.

Yes this cert is expensive. However, CEH checks several boxes in the DO world , everyone knows the test is not big deal, but HR loves it so I had to have it.

I did have one of my employers pay for the exam.

2017- NEED PMP
  • AggressiveProgressionAggressiveProgression Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I'm currently working my way thru the CEH. Currently on chapter 6 of ht AIO, and I plan to use the Boson Exam
  • coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I'm currently working my way thru the CEH. Currently on chapter 6 of ht AIO, and I plan to use the Boson Exam

same chapter... when are you looking at taking the exam?

& why does everyone complain about the application process. Does the EC-Council really make it that difficult if you do not use their course material?
  • ElegyxElegyx Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would assume so since they make more money from you if you go their way. My work is paying for most of it so I'm going to end up doing the self-paced iLearn thing. Pricey but I'd rather not deal with their application process and having to wait to see if they even approve me. I've only been doing security related work for a year now so there's a possibility I could study for 3 months then they reject me. Not worth the risk if my job is paying through tuition reimbursement.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • import36import36 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□

PMP is next

how would you rate the usefulness of the material on FedVTE?