Passed Sec+

CodeRed101CodeRed101 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
First and foremost I wanted to thank all of those who have provided any information via comments or links on this site regarding Sec+. Extremely relieved I stumbled upon this resource. As for my study materialshows for this exam:

-Darril Gibsons book. (Easy to read and understand and a hint of humor.)
-Self made flash cards. (Primarily port numbers, acronyms and a short description)
-Examcompass practice exams.

Studied for 3 weeks, took 2 to read the textbook. (Which is a personal best and a major surprise in itself as I'm a terrible reader)

I did end up buying the test and retake voucher. Mainly because this was my first certification exam and first exposure to CompTia's testing methods.

As for the exam, I wasn't impressed with the format or the wording. Felt alittle clumsy to me. My flashcards helped with remembIngram protocol acronyms and meaning. Book was of course helpful as there wasn't anything forign to me

Overall I didn't achieve the score I wanted to, so there is room for improvement. However, it didn't start off well when the test proctor had to call tech support to get the test going. One of those "well this isn't my day" type moments.

Certainly relieved but motivated to continue my push as well as figuring out what I need improvement on.

Thank you again everyone that has contributed here!

Comments

• NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrads!!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Good job!
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    great work icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! whats cert are you looking at sitting next?
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • CodeRed101CodeRed101 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As of right now, I have no company sponsorship for certs nor do I really meet the criteria (years experience) for C|EH or any incident handling type certification. Unless I can use my applied schooling as experience? Financially those aren't a very wide open option. I went ahead and ordered "ITIL Foundation Essentials: The Exam Facts You Need." I think it would be a good introduction to the management/business side of IT. From there probably CCENT. Again, all tentative depending on what I learn here. Any suggestions would be great. ITIL Foundation Essentials: The Exam Facts You Need
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    Congrats, let us know if you find out how to get the CEH easily or a "work around." I can probably find some stuff on it as my cousin was traveling around teaching it (not sure if he still is) for General Dynamics. I'll see what he's got going on...
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass! :)
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • CodeRed101CodeRed101 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ultm8mind wrote: »
    Congrats, let us know if you find out how to get the CEH easily or a "work around." I can probably find some stuff on it as my cousin was traveling around teaching it (not sure if he still is) for General Dynamics. I'll see what he's got going on...

That information would be great to have. From people that I've asked about it, it seems that there's a mixed consensus.
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass