CISM December 2016: Sharing Experience

designated1969designated1969 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Lets start this thread for those who took December 2016 CISM exam. Share your thoughts
icon_biggrin.gif
while waiting for results

Comments

• coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i took the whole 4 hours...
    3:45 on the test
    15 minutes going over a few answers & yes I changed a few... meh

i think i passed but not as clear as the CISA

ISACA is an interesting company. not 100% sure what my next cert is but pretty sure it will not be from ISACA
  • bungaroobungaroo Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Anyone knows the link to access the results before we received it thru mails?

For CISA, ive got mine thru the link, where you change the year...

Thanks
  • SHarvey1102SHarvey1102 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can go to the ISACA website then go to 'my ISACA' then 'my certifications'.
  • SHarvey1102SHarvey1102 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So...the 10 Dec 2016 ISACA CISM Exam was...WTF??
    The question were almost nothing like the hundreds I studied. At this point, not sure if I passed or not. I took the whole 4 hours to complete the test, I did go back a change about 10 or so. I have been checking the ISACA every day, I know the results aren't posted yet, probably not until 14 Jan but still. I have to check.

The waiting...icon_sad.gif
  • designated1969designated1969 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It took me the entire 4 hours as well - I did thousands of practice tests. When i opened the booklet scanned through the questions I was like OK this is going to be a long day. If i pass I'd just be glad to get the 450 icon_cry.gif
  • bungaroobungaroo Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. But you do get access to the results before they posted on the website or by email 1 or 2 weeks before the official results are out.
  • imfrom51imfrom51 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I felt the same way. Read the entire CISM book all the way through. Then worked at doing the practice tests. I spent my time on not getting answers correct, but understanding the reasoning behind the answers. Felt confident going into the exam. Walked out after 3:45 thinking, I've blown this. Severly blown it!

Edit Jan 16th 2017: Well, I passed the test. Huzzah. Top 20%
  • coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bungaroo wrote: »
    Thanks. But you do get access to the results before they posted on the website or by email 1 or 2 weeks before the official results are out.
    how much sooner? I just waited for the e-mail for my CISA... when i login to ISACA & look at my CISM tab it still says Not Certified - Exam Registrant - Results Pending (Dec 2016)

I am assuming the earliest we will see/hear results will be
    Friday, Jan 6th

most likely be
    Friday, Jan 13th

the latest?
    Friday, Jan 20th

that said I think i got my CISA results on a Wed or Thursday
  • cisumworldcisumworld Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hoping the results would be out by 14th. Last guys to wait for this long for ISACA...
  • leboratoricalleboratorical Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's funny. I'm sitting here on the other side of the exam thinking:
    a) That was possibly the most unfun exam ever
    b) The sheer randomness of the possible answers made me wonder whether I'm up to scratch of being an ISM when the time comes.
    c) This feels so important to me, but it is now in the hands of the gods.

I know I did the exam, but the weighting, (& waiting), judging and rescoring against everyone in the world part of this journey... it hurts.
  • maxrevmaxrev Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Based on my Sep 2016 test taking experience, you should receive the result notification email by Jan 10th or 11th. Good luck all! icon_cheers.gif
  • Dan-in-MDDan-in-MD Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Based on past experience, it will be around noon on Friday the 13th... if it is the 10th, I will be surprised.
  • kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dan-in-MD wrote: »
    Based on past experience, it will be around noon on Friday the 13th... if it is the 10th, I will be surprised.

I too believe Friday will be the day. Chances of 10th are slim.
  • designated1969designated1969 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations everyone who passed!
    I too passed CISM -Its a great relief!