Passed the ICND2 200-105

JD20JD20 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just passed the 200-105. It was a pretty difficult exam. I previously passed the ICND1 version 100-101 so now I'm CCNA R&S cetified.

I mainly used Odom's Cisco Press book to study. Although it was a great read, there was some material and terms in the certification that I had never heard of before. So if you're planning on taking the 200-105 please make sure you use as many different sources of material as you can lay your hands on.

I also used Packet Tracer and GNS3. I mainly used CPT. As I read the book I made sure I labbed EVERYTHING!! That is the key to passing! It's one thing reading about it and other to actually configure and troubleshoot any problems. I recommend GNS3 for things that CPT can't do (i.e. MLPPP and PPPoE).

Ok, that's it from me. On to my next cert. I'm thinking maybe CCNA Security or CCNP R&S. Good luck to all!

Comments

• winsladewinslade Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thats awesome congrats!!

I go in two weeks for my CCNA test, was there anything you felt unexpected on the test that you could recommend covering?
  • JD20JD20 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ummm, not really. Like I stated before there were some terms I didn't recognize on the certification. But, that's probably because I only used Odom's book as reading material. If I would do it again, I would read different sources. Make sure you lab everything AND check it with the "show" commands. Get familiar with different "show" command outputs.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • JD20JD20 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks JoJo! From the looks of your bio it looks like your educational career path is exactly what I want do. Maybe you can give me some tips and advice sometime.
  • WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm the same, done 100-101 and my 200-105 exam is next week, learned everything from Odom/Labbing.

I know what you mean about the termology, when I done the ICND1 exam I felt confident about all the exam topics but some of the questions really threw me off on the wording. What practice exams did you use?
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    JD20 wrote: »
    Thanks JoJo! From the looks of your bio it looks like your educational career path is exactly what I want do. Maybe you can give me some tips and advice sometime.

Anytime man, shoot me a PM.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Woo! Congrats! I studying for the newest topics on CCNA (since mine has expired).
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S