Suggestions?

/usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
I haven't kept up with studying for certifications. My last one was nearly 2 years ago.

I want to begin studying for something new, but I'm not sure what, as all prospective paths will take some time. I'm trying to decide between MCSA, MCAD, or the CWNP exams.

I truly want to get into wireless work, but I'm not sure that's a feasible option right now, especially not here. I don't want to spend time studying for the exams and not be able to apply the knowledge. Also, you're also limiting yourself more as to what benefits you will see as a result of the certs. For example, since generally speaking, more companies will need an MCSA than a CWNA.

MCAD is an option. At work, I'm currently doing a lot of application development in VB.NET. However, the project is coming to a close, though I'm sure I will develop more applications in the future. This could also be beneficial for future jobs.

MCSA is the same as MCAD as far as it being beneficial. Though I currently do less admin work because of the programming projects, I still do the work.

I suppose it's just a matter of personal preference, but what do you guys think?
[/i]

Comments

• goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    I think you answered your own question. It is a matter of preference and what you best in your situation. Good luck in your decision. It seems as if you have put good thought into it so I am sure that you will make a more appropriate choice than I can suggest.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    You have answered your own question. YOu know your situation better than anyone else. You know about the certifications. You will make a better choice for yourself than anyone else.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP