Are Oracle university workshop enough to take a certification exam ?

JohnGrubJohnGrub Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

Lets say I have just cleared 1z0-061. I wanna try OCA SQL or OCE SQL. Would you say attending Oracle University suggested workshop class trainning would be sufficient for me to grasp the theory (and hopefully alittle be of hand on practice) necessary to pass one of these exams ?
For instance, will taking this workshop help me in my quest ? -> https://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=5001&get_params=p_exam_id:1Z0-047 The recommended trainning section

Did you pass any Oracle (Dabatase, SQL or Java, etc...) certification by concentrating on their workshop ?
Would you go from 1Z0-061 straight to 1Z0-047 to make a halt at 1Z0-071 first ?

Comments

• Sina80Sina80 Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Oracle university workshop are not enough to pass exam. But anyway they are awesome help.

I studied about 2 years and took official Oracle training for OCE SQL.
  • SoftwareGuySoftwareGuy Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Look at UCertifies courses. Everyone I know whom has passed the OCA for Oracle 11g, and Oracle 12c have taken Ucertify courses to prep for them and studies the OCGs. Not one I know that hasn't passed first try, one of which whom is a coworker of mine with only three weeks on the job (but was studying prior to employment) score 97% on the OCA exam.

Boss scored 80% on the professional exam for 12c using exclusively UCertify. It may be worth looking at.

And that's pretty much everyone I know who's passed an Oracle exam even software side for Java has been through UCertify and the official cert guides. Worth looking into.