Malware Analyst Training

TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
Excluding SANS FOR610 training, which my employer probably will not pay for, doesn't anyone know of any Malware Analyst Training other vendor's offer?

Anyone know anything about:

PhoenixTS Malware Analysis training?

Cybrary Intro to Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering?

Trainace Malware Reverse Engineering (MRE) Training?

netSecurity Malware Analyst Training?

netcomm learning - BMA - Basic Malware Analysis Course Description?
Still searching for the corner in a round room.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You can pickup the Practical Malware Analysis book from No Starch Press!! :)
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can pickup the Practical Malware Analysis book from No Starch Press!! :)

Yea I have that one, but I don't like the fact that I have to read, who has time for that. :)
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    TechGromit wrote: »
    I don't like the fact that I have to read, who has time for that. :)

Exactly! icon_thumright.gif
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    eLearnSecurity has the Advanced Reverse Engineering Malware (AREM) course as well.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That hasn't been updated since 2013. Granted there are a lot of timeless computer books but if I'm paying for the class try to keep up though. Malware Analysis and Forensics are still budding fields and I guarantee something has changed.
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    eLearnSecurity has the Advanced Reverse Engineering Malware (AREM) course as well.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    TacoRocket wrote: »
    That hasn't been updated since 2013. Granted there are a lot of timeless computer books but if I'm paying for the class try to keep up though. Malware Analysis and Forensics are still budding fields and I guarantee something has changed.

Agree and I've thought the same but, the class looks to be a lot of covering the theory and background you need to be able to perform RE as a skill, not necessarily RE'ing the latest and greatest malware trends.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework