Opportunity for training

RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
For those of you who have taken the training: Is it worth it at $700 if you had to pay for it yourself?icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• liz4rdliz4rd Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Isn't it $700 alone for the exam, after passing eligibility application? I don't think you can get the training for that price.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wouldn't do it for $700. Im doing the eJPT training right now and that only costed $399 and includes labs and materials plus 3 retakes. At 700 i think the CEH training is expensive, the eJPT covers the same i beleive and alot of the theory stuff on the CEH you can definitely learn on your own.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea ^^^^ But the CEH does hold ALOT more value over eJPT name wise if someone is applying/looking for a new position. Knowledge wise, probably not a whole lot different.

edit: I think it would depend on if a lot jobs I was looking for had that in as one of the certifications they required or preferred. If so, I probably would spend the extra money. But I can't comment on well their training course is personally either.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Right, the CEH is more recognized but the eJPT does trainyou better I think, to the point were you can do the eJPT training and then go back to take the CEH without doing the EC-Council training and you can just register for the exam, this way at the end it's cheaper for you. That would be my approach.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Does the $700 includes exam voucher?

I recently had the opportunity to look at a colleague's v9 slides.
    CEH does cover a wider range of topics than eJPT such as wireless and mobile hacking. The slides are packed with colourful illustrations; so much that it gets distracting. And EC-C loves to introduce the whole kitchen sink of mostly commercial and Windows based tools. The problem is that some of these tools do not work after a while.

eJPT (and eCPPT) are more focused on selected Kali tools and topics are covered more in-depth. And there are no Windows only pen test tools.

Both EC-C and ELS focus on different things so it depends on what OP wants.
    HR is familiar with CEH, so get it if looking for job change.
    eJPT provides better training and foundation skills.
    It's $700 just for the exam.
    Their instructor lead online video training is around $1700!
    I've just gone through the eligibility checks today.

I didn't want to pay for the official training which costs around $1700 - including the exam voucher.

I went the other option which requires an eligibility check, which costs $100 non-refundable.
    You need to prove 2 years experience in a security related role. They contact your boss.
    If you pass that, you pay for the exam voucher at around $700
    You can choose to buy their official books for $800
    or train yourself, ie books and CBT nuggets.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What are you using to study for it liz4rd?
    I've not started yet, as I have just found out my Cisco Cyberops scholarship starts in March...

The voucher for CEH, is good for a year.
    For CEH I'm planning on using cbt nuggets and the all in one book from amazon. I have kali and a bunch of vms to use the tools. I also hear boson is really good for practice exams.
    The main reason to take CEH is for the HR filter. Mile2 C)PTE is a lot cheaper and much more hands on.
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Honestly, I would say no unless it comes with a test voucher. The test is way too expensive as it is.
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    No unless your company is paying for it.

Just self-study
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    It also depends on your background
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!