anyone currently busy with OSCP? looking for study buddies!

bluesquirrelbluesquirrel Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I have started since few days the OSCP course but feeling a bit lost with few stuff (for example, how to use exploits without metasploit or getting low privilege escalations). So far, I have rooted only Alice but using metasploit (shame on me icon_sad.gif ).

If there is someone in this forum currently attending the OSCP course too, it would be nice to get in contact so to share knowledge only on the best techniques to use (not on how to root the Lab machines!).

Cheers,
BlueS

Comments

• puttarputtar Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Have you finished all the exercises?
  • jarridjarrid Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Working on the exercises now. hit me up if you want to study.
  • bluesquirrelbluesquirrel Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,

sorry for delay in replying, but got sick for few days.

@puttar
    no I have not yet finished all the exercises ... currently stuck with the Buffer Overflow ... however, as my company has paid for limited number of lab days, I am trying to do in parallel exercises and enumerating lab environments.

@jarrid
    will contact you shortly via pm!
  • KEE_ACEKEE_ACE Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will be studying for the exam starting this week.
  • mindcrankmindcrank Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My labs open up at 17:00 on Saturday if you want to talk shoot me a PM :)
    Certifications: A+, Sec+, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, VCP6-DCV, CISSP, C|EH, CPT, Project+, Linux+, GPEN, OSCP, GXPN, GCIH, CISSP-ISSEP, OSCE
    WGU, BS-IT, Security: Complete! November 2016
    Legend: Completed, In-Progress, Next
  • rex0rrex0r Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Send me a PM icon_biggrin.gif would be great to get a discord or slack channel going.
    rex0r wrote: »
    Send me a PM icon_biggrin.gif would be great to get a discord or slack channel going.

Discord would be great!
    Certifications: A+, Sec+, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, VCP6-DCV, CISSP, C|EH, CPT, Project+, Linux+, GPEN, OSCP, GXPN, GCIH, CISSP-ISSEP, OSCE
    Hi All,

very sorry for the delay in replying to this thread but I am sick since few weeks icon_sad.gif and therefore have not been very active on the forum.

How is it going with your study? have you finished all the exercises?

I have received response from other two persons from the forum which are interested in a study group. One is based in US, the other one dont know.

I am in UK. Where are you guys based?

Cheers,
    Blue

@jarred:
    I cannot send you a private email as you have disabled to receive private messages. Let me know if you are still interested
  • sesha437sesha437 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Please add me or pm me
    @bluesquirrel no worries. I am based in US and have finished with the book/exercises. I will see about setting up a Discord channel tonight and post the info here.
  • KEE_ACEKEE_ACE Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would like to be on board as well. I start next week. PM me or post here. I cannot send out PMs.
  • ViKiJaanViKiJaan Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey guys,

Looking to start my official OSCP in a few weeks (waiting for work to approve paying for it). Starting to do readings and videos on my own in the meantime. Would love to be a part of the study group.
    I have created a Discord server. Here is the link: https://discord.gg/AQwaeGf

Anyone is free to join and chat about their progress or difficulties but we want to make sure that spoilers are kept secret. As I'm sure you can all agree you will never learn anything as well as when you can figure it out yourself, or do it yourself.

edit: changed the link to one that wont expire
    rex0r wrote: »
    I have created a Discord server. Here is the link: https://discord.gg/KZDwW

Anyone is free to join and chat about their progress or difficulties but we want to make sure that spoilers are kept secret. As I'm sure you can all agree you will never learn anything as well as when you can figure it out yourself, or do it yourself.

Thanks man! I'll make sure to sign on this weekend :)
    Hi rex0r,

when I click on your link I get the error "The instant invite is invalid or has expired."
    @bluesquirrel I sent you a pm.

Here is the new link, set to never expire https://discord.gg/AQwaeGf
    Hi rex0r,

I joined discord using your above link (the never expiring one). Many thanks for setting up this!

considering that we are based in different timezones, perhaps it could be helpful to decide on which day& time of the week to meet ... what do you guys think?

As mentioned earlier, I am based in UK ... anyone else based in Europe?
    for the guys based in US: could you please share your timezone (Pacific, Mountain, Central, Eastern)?

Cheers,
    Blue
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My start date is December 25th and I would love to have some study buddies as well! Send me a PM if you want, I also have discord and love to join the channel provided above if it is ok with you guys.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
    I speak only for myself, but everyone currently attending the PWK course is welcome :)
  • lugerluger Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey bluesquirrel.....I start my OSCP on 15th Jan and would like to join in. I'm also from Europe, hailing from sunny Malta so we are only 1hr in time zone difference.....maybe you might have heard about us :)
    I currently have a discord channel setup for study buddys, If you are interested in hoping on and studying together send me a PM and Ill send you the info.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
    McxRisley wrote: »
    I currently have a discord channel setup for study buddys, If you are interested in hoping on and studying together send me a PM and Ill send you the info.

I joined a Discord server TechExamsOSCP on this link https://discord.gg/AQwaeGf

Is this it?
    Nope that's not it. I am at work right now and don't have access to discord. When I get home later I will post the link. Its 9:26 am where I live right now. I should be home and have the link posted by 5 pm at the latest.
    McxRisley wrote: »
    Nope that's not it. I am at work right now and don't have access to discord. When I get home later I will post the link. Its 9:26 am where I live right now. I should be home and have the link posted by 5 pm at the latest.

Yes please do send me the link. Its exactly 4:03pm over here so it will be around 11pm my time when you send the link but will most probably still be online as im reading Georgia Weidmans' book at the moment......fantastic resource!
    Yes that is a book I would HIGHLY recommend. She also has a course on cybrary.it that follows everything in the book.