Easiest/ Cheapest way to get ISACA CPEs?

maxrevmaxrev Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys! I am a CISM and awaiting results for CRISC now.

1) What is the quickest/ easiest/ cheapest way to earn CPEs? (without having to attend $2500 conferences)

2) Are there learnings offered by any affiliate websites?

3) Are there courses that would contribute towards CPEs to both CISM and CRISC or other similar combinations?

I would really appreciate if you can share what you did to maintain your CISM over the years icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif I have read the ISACA CPE policy, more interested in knowing real life examples.

Comments

• tstokes76tstokes76 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MAXREV: I find that the SANS Webcasts are the cheapest and easiest way to obtain CPEs. If you go to sans.org, set up a free account, and then (once logged in) go to the 'Resources' tab and select 'Webcasts', you can access both current and archived webcasts. I recommend going to the Archived webcasts where you will find 4 years worth of security-related webcasts you can choose from. Each archived year contains approx. 100+ webcasts so you have hundreds to choose from and use for future CPEs. Each webcast is approx. 1 hour in length and gives you 1CPE credit to report on the ISACA website. Hope this helps!

Cheers!
  • maxrevmaxrev Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great info @tstokes76, much appreciated!
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    maxrev,

You can also attend your local ISACA chapter and receive CPE's.
    Groups such as ISSA and (ISC)2 have free webinars once you join.
    There are a great deal of other free podcasts on iTunes and other sites that can help you.
  • fitzlopezfitzlopez Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bigdogz wrote: »
    maxrev,

You can also attend your local ISACA chapter and receive CPE's.
    Groups such as ISSA and (ISC)2 have free webinars once you join.
    There are a great deal of other free podcasts on iTunes and other sites that can help you.

I agree, if you're a CISM and going for the CRISC you're probably an ISACA paying member. In my chapter they have meetings that count for CPE's and on the ISACA site they have free webinars that you could also use. Remeber that studying for the CRISC can also count for CPE's.
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the information. Great post.
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
    "Remember that studying for the CRISC can also count for CPE's."

@fitzlopez Could you please elaborate? I spent a lot of hours studying and subscribed to a youtube training for 6 hours or so. How many CPEs can this be counted for?
  • johnj6425johnj6425 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would also like to know how many CPEs can be claimed for the CRISC studying.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Last time i checked, you can claim 2 times the exam duration. So if exam is 4 hours, claim 8 hours. See Maintain Your CISM
    Can we add preparing for PMP as a qualifying self study activity? Project management gotta count for something, correct? :D

I have CISM and CRISC now, no more ISACA I guess icon_cheers.gif
  • niijohnnieniijohnnie Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also read from the ISACA page that CPEs can be duplicated across all the ISACA certifications you hold concurrently....meaning you can report same CPEs you earned for say CISA certification to other certifications you are holding like CRISC, etc. I hope I got that right.