Just passed Sec plus, my experience

7-sins7-sins Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I don't know if I went to a brand new testing center or something (I would imagine every center pulls the data off the web anyway). Maybe 4 of the questions I actually studied were on the exam. Seemed like an entirely different question pool. About 20 questions in, I thought I was bombing it. I barely passed.

Studied using Get Certified Get Ahead, the $39.99 package. The site & questions were an easy way to study. I was getting 90-95% on the random question test & the set 10 practical question test. The test was just completely different.

Some of my coworkers were also taking the test using @ctualtests & T3stking. Those two **** seem to be the same. T3stking has some garbageware program which froze trying to use it, @ctualtests is a PDF. Even skimming through those for the practical questions, I only found 1 that I was actually tested on. There was one multipule choice which stood out from my test & I couldn't find it on those ****.

I have worked in the IT field for 10+ years. Had a Sec+ right after they started putting an expiration date on them. That test was easy, and I remember some of the questions from GCGAs site. My employer let my Sec+ lapse, so I was required to take it again. I wont make that mistake in the future, I will renew it on my own. Good luck everyone

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    7-sins wrote: »
    Maybe 4 of the questions I actually studied were on the exam.

Don't use ****
    7-sins wrote: »
    My employer let my Sec+ lapse, so I was required to take it again. I wont make that mistake in the future, I will renew it on my own.

Since when did employers keep track of people's certification expiration dates? Unless this is one of the jobs where your required to have certain certifications
  • 7-sins7-sins Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Since when did employers keep track of people's certification expiration dates? Unless this is one of the jobs where your required to have certain certifications

That... and the fact even after reminding them twice, they wouldn't provide the proof that CompTIA could have used to renew my cert
  • hellolinhellolin Member Posts: 107
    That was my experience as well, I used Gibson's practice tests, I thought the performance based ones were very helpful, as I got some questions were exactly the same as the ones he had. But the multiple choice once are not, they are all very subjective, and it is very hard for someone who doesn't have any networking experience to answer. I thought the exam was way too heavy on network professionals, I work in software and we deal with security as well, yet there is no questions about anything I was doing. Maybe they should just rename it the network security plus exam. I end up acing it though, because I used to have some networking experience, but for anyone outside of network administration field, this is a hard test.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.