CISA 2016 Exam Test Scores

123457»

Comments

• whd5015whd5015 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I guess the third time's the charm! Passed!

To all of you that weren't successful this time around, keep at it. After I failed the second time with a score of 439, it kept me away for over a year and a half. Keep your head on straight, and you will pass.
  • riazkaderinriazkaderin Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got the results.Passed!!

From Doha,Qatar!!
  • kdotnohkdotnoh Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From London

We are pleased to inform you that you successfully PASSED the exam with a total scaled score of 582.Your score was in the top 20 percent of those testing. For your information, your exam results by area are provided below.

SCALED SCORES OF YOUR PERFORMANCE BY AREA:

The Process of Auditing Information Systems: 501
    Governance and Management of IT: 603
    Information Systems Acquisition, Development and Implementation: 503
    Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Service Management: 644
    Protection of Information Assets: 644
  • EmergenicEmergenic Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed - 605 , Top 10%
    Yay!!!
  • cisamaltacisamalta Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Has anyone else not received their results? I live in Malta Europe.... this is ridiculous
  • Azman2286Azman2286 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cisamalta wrote: »
    Has anyone else not received their results? I live in Malta Europe.... this is ridiculous

Try logging into MYISACA > MY CERTIFICATIONS you may be able to see your results there.
  • omeja4everomeja4ever Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No results yet her in east africa, uganda
  • JoshuthomasJoshuthomas Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    finally got my results and passed the exam at 465 overall score.
    thank god. wishes for all who passed and wishing luck for all
  • FSF150FSF150 Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Distord wrote: »
    FSF150 - yup that's the trend.
    I'm also waiting for the CISA results and already registered and bought the materials for CRISC.
    good luck !

@Distord - You were braver than I, didn't want to order books until I knew CISA was behind me. CRISC guide now on the way. icon_cool.gif

Congrats on your PASS!
    First we drink the coffee. Then we do the things. :neutral:
  • rb23rb23 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    finally got my results and passed the exam at 465 overall score.
    thank god. wishes for all who passed and wishing luck for all

Good job mate. Congratulations.
  • imtiazdbblimtiazdbbl Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Today I have sent application for CISA designation. Now have to wait for their response. Can any body tell how much time ISACA takes to process the application ?
  • YY1217YY1217 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Last time it took nearly six weeks for ISACA to process my recent CISM certification application, see below processing timeline. I'll probably use that as a benchmark for my CISA certification application this time.

09/10/2016 CISM Exam taken
    10/13/2016 CISM Exam results received
    10/13/2016 CISM Application fee paid
    10/14/2016 CISM Application submitted
    10/21/2016 CISM Application Received email
    11/04/2016 Application Status: Complete-Under-Review
    11/22/2016 Application Status: Approved
    11/22/2016 Application Status: Certified

• YY1217YY1217 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here's the processing timeline mentioned on the last reply.

09/10/2016 - CISM Exam taken
    10/13/2016 - CISM Exam results received
    10/13/2016 - CISM Application fee paid
    10/14/2016 - CISM Application submitted
    10/21/2016 - CISM Application Received email
    11/04/2016 - Application Status: Complete-Under Review
    11/22/2016 - Application Status: Approved
    11/22/2016 - Application Status: Certified
    Thanks a lot. That means it will take 5-6weeks.
  • benjaclbenjacl Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Last year, I applied for the CISM credential on January 22, 2016. I received the approval on March 18, 2016. I assume I will have about the same wait for the CISA as I had last year. Looks like about 5-6 weeks
  • kabolkabol Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can anyone guide me on how to conduct an IT risk assessment. Thanks in anticipation
  • kareem.noorkareem.noor Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello guys,

Any idea on the quickest time when they certified somebody as a CISA after passing the exam?
  • zeroGzeroG Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello guys,
    Any idea on the quickest time when they certified somebody as a CISA after passing the exam?

5 weeks in my case (in 2015).
    zeroG wrote: »
    5 weeks in my case (in 2015).
    My status is complete-under review. I have submitted my application on 15/jan/2017.
  • katrin Osterhauskatrin Osterhaus Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Turns out I was on the wrong blog... actually tested for the CISM. AND PASSED! In the top 5%. I'm so relieved!
    congrats katrin
  • The_AMThe_AM Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats to all who passed, though I am only seeing people who passed the exam sharing their experiences/expressions, for those who didn't pass this time allow me to state, you are not alone.

It was my first attempt and I failed, got the score of 426, since I switched career path from software engineering to IS auditing just recently, therefore I guess I can take some positives out of even this score to use it as a build up for the next attempt, taking this as my Rocky-I

Again congrats to all who passed and good luck for the ones who didn't and planning to appear again in May-June, may the force be with you.
  • FSF150FSF150 Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The_AM wrote: »
    Congrats to all who passed, though I am only seeing people who passed the exam sharing their experiences/expressions, for those who didn't pass this time allow me to state, you are not alone.

It was my first attempt and I failed, got the score of 426, since I switched career path from software engineering to IS auditing just recently, therefore I guess I can take some positives out of even this score to use it as a build up for the next attempt, taking this as my Rocky-I

Again congrats to all who passed and good luck for the ones who didn't and planning to appear again in May-June, may the force be with you.
    For those who didn't pass, the feedback on your scores combined with the question bank should be very helpful. When I took the practice exams I noticed that "Protection of Information Assets" was my weak point, so I made certain to go through every question in that category. By prioritizing it, it became my strongest scoring category on the actual test.

Definitely invest in the test bank if you didn't before. icon_thumright.gif
    First we drink the coffee. Then we do the things. :neutral:
  • whd5015whd5015 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□

Hey man! I wouldn't sweat it too much. I passed on my third try, scoring a 419 and 431 on tries one and two respectively.

What I did different the third time around (which was taken 15 months after my second fail), was read through the Sybex "CISA: Certified Information Systems Auditor Study Guide, 4th Edition," in addition to purchasing the accompanying video guide which can be found on amazon.

Naturally, I went back through all of the questions within the official ISACA online test bank.

Keep at it, and you will succeed.
  • rb23rb23 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For most of us who are first time applicants for an ISACA certification, we might be thinking what each 'Application Status' description means. I looked at an ISACA's response to a blog comment from March 2016.

It's for CISM cerification but the process is the same for CISA (CGEIT and CRISC too, I suppose). I hope this helps:

RE: CISM Application Status

Great questions on the stages of certification. In summary:

• Nothing - means the application has not been received or logged into the record
    • Complete Under Review - means the application is going through the review process
    • Complete Pending Audit - means that the application was pulled for a random verifier audit and awaiting response from the verifier
    • Incomplete - means that something on the application is incomplete or missing documents.
    • Approved -- the application has been tentatively approved and will be certified in the next grouping or certifying batch
    I hope this helps in clarification.

Thank you,
    Tammie Josifovic
    ISACA Online Communities Coordinator

Tammie111reputation-05.png at 3/8/2016 10:51:48 AM LWV16.GIF
    rb23 wrote: »
    For most of us who are first time applicants for an ISACA certification, we might be thinking what each 'Application Status' description means. I looked at an ISACA's response to a blog comment from March 2016.

It's for CISM cerification but the process is the same for CISA (CGEIT and CRISC too, I suppose). I hope this helps:

RE: CISM Application Status

Great questions on the stages of certification. In summary:

• Nothing - means the application has not been received or logged into the record
    • Complete Under Review - means the application is going through the review process
    • Complete Pending Audit - means that the application was pulled for a random verifier audit and awaiting response from the verifier
    • Incomplete - means that something on the application is incomplete or missing documents.
    • Approved -- the application has been tentatively approved and will be certified in the next grouping or certifying batch
    I hope this helps in clarification.

Thank you,
    Tammie Josifovic
    ISACA Online Communities Coordinator

Tammie111reputation-05.png at 3/8/2016 10:51:48 AM LWV16.GIF

Hi Tammie,

I sent in my application on the 18th of Jan'17 and received a mail on the 20th saying that they've received my application. Since then the status has been "Unreviewed". Seems like its going to be a long wait.
  • The_AMThe_AM Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□

Passed CISA this time around, it was my second crack at it, sat in CBT on 6th June, got initial pass message on screen at the end of the test, received detailed result notification just a couple of hours ago, got scaled score of 487.

Mainly focused on the domains which caused trouble in 1st attempt (2 & 5), studied from CISA RM summary/synopsis kind of deck collection which I found on scribed as I always found official CISA review manual dry as drought, focused less on Q&AE, didn't actually finished all questions, something I should've, at least twice.

Anyways, overall relatively satisfied that I passed the exam, sharing the experience as I feel that there is always someone who might find it relative and useful.