Cheapest option for the ITIL foundations exam? Vouchers / discount codes?

methicalmethical Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
edited June 2019 in ITIL Certifications
I'm trying to find the cheapest option to take the ITIL foundations exam, and I'm wondering if anyone has any sites that have cheap vouchers and/or discount codes. The only ones I've found so far are 10% off via exin.com (using code 543D.B098.5DCB or 400E.BF6D.3EB5) or buying a voucher for $168 to take it from pearson/vue.

Comments

• slee335slee335 Member Posts: 124
    i couldn't find any discount 168 is a decent price i paid full 208. just passed it last week.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd like to know what the current prices for ITIL are also. Anyone can provide some numbers? Looking at the different websites that provide the exam it seems that you first have to register in order to find the prices.
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The prices change depending on where you are located in the world - for USA/Europe expect to pay between $150 and $250. Our exams are $199 but we're only allowed to sell them to people who've taken our training course. That's the case for all training companies - if you want to buy the exam alone look at the exam institutes like EXIN, Peoplecert etc.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Even if you did not manage to get a discount, ITIL has a good ROI especially if you already have some years of experience in a corporate environment.
  • shillamusshillamus Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was able to schedule a ITIL Foundations test with Prometrics sponsored by EXIN for 208$. I did not have to take any specific training to be able to schedule the exam.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That is one of the nice things about the ITIL Foundations exam...no training or specific years of experience needed. The one not-so-nice thing, as Claire pointed out, is that the only way you can typically get the voucher for less than $208 is through an authorized training center. I searched high and low for a discounted voucher before I took the test and I wasn't able to find one.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just booked mine for 208 but the ROI is high as I need to have the cert to keep my job. $208 is a reasonable amount to pay to remain employed :)
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I booked mine on PeopleCert for $197 when they had a 10% discount. I think $168 voucher would be the cheapest option available.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • sudip1990sudip1990 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    i have a question to ask? what is the current exam code for EXIN ITIL exam. i booked my exam on jan 27, 2016 at pearsonvue but it didnt say the exam code all i can see is the ITIL-F.
  • eekaboigeekaboig Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How much did you pay for the EXIN ITIL? I need to take the test as well and am of course, looking for the cheapest route :)
  • jcp1856jcp1856 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i'm seeing $223 for USA via the pearson vue page. EXIN will stop using prometric by the end of this month so get it while it's hot
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    See if your work will pay for it.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • DH44MAG2DH44MAG2 Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Checkout PassionIT Group at passionitgroup.com - that's who I'm working with for my ITIL training. Competitive prices, great people, flexible and very easy to work with. They provide as little or as much guidance/assistance as you need/want.
  • tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DH44MAG2 wrote: »
    Checkout PassionIT Group at passionitgroup.com - that's who I'm working with for my ITIL training. Competitive prices, great people, flexible and very easy to work with. They provide as little or as much guidance/assistance as you need/want.

The exam price was like 10.00 cheaper then Exin. Still High
    Can't argue with that ("still high"), but it is the best price I could find and when bundled with the training, I really like the guidance/mentoring offered by their experts.
    To each, his own. It works for me. I needed to get certified and they made it easy and they were the cheapest I could find (which was the point of this thread).

As I continue with my ITIL certifications, I will continue to use them until a better option is available.
  • Meme65Meme65 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are there any others you can recommend also any without the proctor?
    For me, I purchased a use anytime anywhere voucher that allowed me to take the test when I was ready - I used my own computer (must have a camera) and took it late at night after everyone had gone to bed and the house was good and quite.

The voucher I purchased from PassionIT was good for 1 year. Since I was ready to take the exam, I went ahead and got my access code as soon as I received the voucher so that I could go ahead and take the exam (you have to go online to exchange the voucher for an access code that was then good for 30 days I think). I then followed the instructions that came with the code and took the test. There was no live proctor, no need to schedule anything, no one looking over my shoulder, etc..

Good news is I passed on the first try - YAHOO! :)
  • CsebastienCsebastien Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi DH44MAG2,

Could you tell me/us which website did you use for this quiet and online test ? :)

Im quiet busy and taking the exam during the night would be fantastic for me.

Regards,

Sebastien
  • jpleacejpleace Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can't answer to the cost of the Foundations exam because it was included in the price of the class but Practitioner is $350. That's ludicrous
    Csebastien wrote: »
    Hi DH44MAG2,

Could you tell me/us which website did you use for this quiet and online test ? :)

Im quiet busy and taking the exam during the night would be fantastic for me.

Regards,

Sebastien

I think it was www.passionitgroup.com...

you can Google "PassionIT Group" - their prices are very competitive and they really go out of the way to assist you in any way they can - at least they have for me.
    jpleace wrote: »
    I can't answer to the cost of the Foundations exam because it was included in the price of the class but Practitioner is $350. That's ludicrous

not much of a savings, but I checked and PassionIT is selling the Practitioner exam for $310
  • ursaliursali Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi there
    you still got any valid code for ITIL foundation?

cheers
  • dusan985dusan985 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is PassionITGroup ITIL Foundation exam voucher legit?

Edited 01.04.2018.: Just to answer my own question. I have purchased ITIL Foundation Exam, and received valid voucher code for PeopleCert. Scheduled the exam with no problems. Saved around 80€ compared to PeopleCert price. (~199€ compared to 279€)
  • zackmaxzackmax Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow so ridiculous. ITIL changed test provider to PeopleCert as of Jan 2018 and ITIL Foundations exam with them is $383.90 USD.

PassionITGroup ITIL Foundation voucher is $255 USD
    https://www.passionitgroup.com/category/exams/itil/?orderby=price

That is a huge difference. I hope they're not selling the EXIN vouchers still which would be useless.

Does anyone know any other places to purchase vouchers or take the exam at a discounted price?
  • AharrellAharrell Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Confirming dusan985's experience - I went to PassionITGroup and purchased the exam voucher for $255.00. Got the voucher code a couple of hours later - and I was able to redeem the code at PeopleCert (and schedule my exam) with no problems. The detail page for the item at PassionIT shows Peoplecert as the vendor giving the exam, while the older summary page still shows EXIN.

I haven't found a better deal for the exam since things changed on 1-1-2018 - so, I would jump on this if you're looking to save some cash.
    M.Sc, CDPSE, CGEIT, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CISSP-ISSMP, CRISC, CySA+, HCISPP, ITIL, PenTest+, PMP, Project+, Sec+ 

• zackmaxzackmax Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Aharrell wrote: »
    Confirming dusan985's experience - I went to PassionITGroup and purchased the exam voucher for $255.00. Got the voucher code a couple of hours later - and I was able to redeem the code at PeopleCert (and schedule my exam) with no problems. The detail page for the item at PassionIT shows Peoplecert as the vendor giving the exam, while the older summary page still shows EXIN.

I haven't found a better deal for the exam since things changed on 1-1-2018 - so, I would jump on this if you're looking to save some cash.

Thanks I did the same.
  • xicaoxicao Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can i take the exam in my native language with Passion IT voucher??
    i want to buy!
    xicao wrote: »
    Can i take the exam in my native language with Passion IT voucher??
    i want to buy!

The vouchers are good for online peoplecert exams. If preoplecert offers the exam in your language, you can use the redeem the voucher and select your language.