CSIM Exam Preparation Advise-

Nawaz23Nawaz23 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I am planning to start preparation for CISM exam and would like to appear in the exam as soon as possible.

I need a advise as how best prepare for the CISM Exam. I heard about infosecurity CISM Course by Allen Keele- though its quite expensive and not really sure the quality of the materail.

I have over 15 years of IT Operation and Project Management Experience. Have some solid foundation knowledge of Information Security concepts- engaged in the development if IT security Polices and IS Audit.

Looking for some help please.

Thanks

Nawaz Khan, PMP, COBIT, ITIL,Prince2.

Comments

• dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Please conduct a basic search here... as mentioned a million times, ISACA material is the only and best way to go. Good luck
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Not trying to be pedantic but when referencing the exam... please check the spelling before posting. icon_redface.gif

- b/eads
  • westbrookj1westbrookj1 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wont be rude or annoying in my reply like the above two-

Isaca material is the best, and should be enough- and with your experience you should be fine!
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used infosecurity CISA Course by Allen Keele, + The Manual + QAE Database to pass the exam.

The course was good enough, I was one of the top 10%.

I will defiantly get his CISM course when I decide to go for CISM.

Before you purchase the course the site provides a "sample" lecture, check it out before you buy.
  • maxrevmaxrev Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The manual, questions and answers book and the database were all useful. Go through the questions and answers at least a couple of times, read the explanations even if you get them right. Time is not really a problem for CISM exam as you can finish it well within 4 hours, so questions database would be the one thing that I might pass on if budget is a problem.

NYC people- shoot me a text on 201 850 0543 if anyone wants to buy CISM Review Questions, Answers & Explanations, 8th Edition. (rarely used icon_lol.gif)
    Free personal advice on how to pass the exam included icon_study.gif
  • DazelDazel Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just received the September CISM test result yesterday. Passed the exam. :)

I prepared the CISM exam as follows:

(1) Read the ISACA Manual (Twice)
    (2) Practice with the CISM online database (Did all the questions once). The question explanation was very helpful.
    (3) Took me about 2 months to prepare the exam

Suggest to get the Manual and online database. That would prepare you for the exam. Good Luck!
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have CISM in my sights for 2017. I plan on using the manual and questions/answers/explanations book.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • razorbackzrazorbackz Member Posts: 28 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Megamind study course online. Google it.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As many have mentioned, CRM (CISM Review Manual) printed manual (ePub coming soon) and online QAE (Questions, Answers and Explanations) subscription from ISACA store. Read CRM a few times and practice hard on QAE.
  • imfrom51imfrom51 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have just passed the CISM (phew) for Dec 2016. Here some of my thoughts for studying.

1) I only used the Isaca study guide and the online question database.
    2) I read the entire book through once! It's a hard slog, but I am glad I did it.
    3) About 3 months before the test, I started on the question database. For me, it was not about my passing percent, or how many I got right. EVERY ( and I mean EVERY) answer I wanted to know WHY I got it wrong and also, WHY I got it right. This is important because you need to know the concepts and the reasoning behind each answer. This helped me the most in the test. By the end, I was only getting about 70% passing score. However, I passed the test, so it must have worked.

I can't stress this enough. Understand the concepts and why an answer is correct. Other than that, feel free to ask any questions.
  • kdotnohkdotnoh Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Approach.
  • tmkhan2050tmkhan2050 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,

I have a query regarding training materials available for preparation of CISM exam, i have came across UCertify material which i can purchase due to low cost(Only 139 US$). Does this training worth buying or not?

Thanks
  • GaddiGaddi Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,
    I think reading manual only once. Having key concepts from youtube or any source if you have any confusion on important topics and complete all question answers more than one time. Its enough for passing the exam. Remove your technical CAP while taking questions. Think every thing as business manager.