Options

Network+ Exam Question

Blang008Blang008 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am taking the exam and dont have the time to read the entire Sybex book. Didnt know if skimming through the book and reading the tech notes and taking many practice exams will be enough? Any opinions?

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icon_eek.gif

It's your money. icon_wink.gif

Either reschedule until you have had enough time to study where you don't need to ask that question and save your money, or take a chance that "skimming" might not be enough and reschedule anyway, but this time you pay twice.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It really depends. If you're an experienced network engineer, and you work with the material covered on the exam on a daily basis, you could review the book and the technotes in order to pass the exam. If Network+ is your real introduction to networking, and you can't simply look at the chapter tests in the book and get the majority of the questions without having to look them up, you're better off waiting. Like sprkymrk said, it's your money.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    My achillies heel with Net+ was fiber optics, especially knowing the connector designations.
  • Options
    netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    Read the Sybex book, and probably Mike Myers passport to network+ book, take plenty of practise exams like on this site and read the technotes as well, also I found this site handy:

www.pagesbydave.com

Dont go rushing in and waste your money, until you are confident of a pass, that's IMHO icon_cool.gif
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"