CCNP Completed.

brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just got the PDF CCNP Certificate from Cisco.
300-101 cleared with almost 900 points - the most sneaky, twisted exam in my history.
Simulations without 'copy run start', questions about things that I'll never use in production.

Anyway - passed, CCNP closed.

Comments

• negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great man! Go have yourself a beer or 2 now and a vacation somewhere nice :)
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • shortstop20shortstop20 Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats.

Copy run start is not necessary.
    CCNA Security - 6/11/2018
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
  • brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's a habit - copy run start after each major change.
    You'll see that this command is crucial on the other cisco exams ;)
  • d_masisd_masis Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    brombulec wrote: »
    Just got the PDF CCNP Certificate from Cisco.
    300-101 cleared with almost 900 points - the most sneaky, twisted exam in my history.
    Simulations without 'copy run start', questions about things that I'll never use in production.

Anyway - passed, CCNP closed.

how long did the whole CCNP take you to study and write?
    [FONT=&amp]I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often - Brian Tracy[/FONT]

Which exams?
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
    I have a few years of experience with Cisco equipment. So the "studing" was limited mostly to reading all the stuff that is not typical in daily tasks - 6 months of reading.

All CCNA (RS,Sec,DC) exams, ROUTE/SWITCH. It's better to write config than create a config and ignore these three short words.
  • psheehan5psheehan5 Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats dude!
    All CCNA (RS,Sec,DC) exams, ROUTE/SWITCH. It's better to write config than create a config and ignore these three short words.

I've taken CCNA and CCNP Switch, it's not necessary on either of those and I highly doubt it is on the others either, it's an old wives tale. The Simulation will explicitly state that you need to save the config IF it's required, no different than any other item that is listed on the Simulation as required to pass the Sim. If it doesn't state that you need to save the config, then you don't need to. All of these myths surrounding the exams really do a disservice to the people taking them.

Here's a link to support that from someone who works on the CCNP exams.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/message/88556#88556
    Keith,

I agree with you and Scott that saving your configuration in a real world environment is a must. We even push that in the courses at both the CCNA and CCNP levels. We also push that you should save a backup copy to flash before you make changes so you can do a quick recovery with the config replace command.

However the exam is a different world. I am part of the exam team so I have an inside view. The simulations tries to replicate the IOS environment, but we have pick which commands we support based on what is need to evaluate the candidate. Saving a configuration is not need by the simulation to complete the grading and I don’t think it would be fair to fail a candidate just because they forgot to save their config in the middle of an exam.

My reason for attempting to dispel the myth is we get numerous complaints from candidates that they failed the exam because the sim was broken and they know this because they could not save their configuration. Upon review their exam results it is apparent that just they failed. Many times they got partial credit for the simulation.

As this myth spins out of control, I am afraid that we may have candidates who are aborting the simulation before they complete it because they tried to save their config and have heard that if you cannot save your configuration the sim is broken. The last thing I want is to have a candidate give up one an exam they could have passed because of misinformation.

We have tried to covey that saving your configuration is not need to successfully compete the sim with the “command not supported message” and even a “This command is not needed to successfully compete this simulation” message. Yet the complaints that the sim are broken because you cannot save your configuration continue to come in.

Hopefully this group can help get the word out that unless the copy command is supported you don't need to sve your configuration to complete the simulation.

Phil
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/19444?start=15&tstart=0
    First, let me say that I support the exams for the CCNA and CCNP track so I have an inside view. Second, nothing I am about to say violates my non-disclosure agreement.

Several times a week we get customer support cases from candidates say that they failed the exam. Their complaints center on their belief that they got no points on a simulation because either they could not save their configuration or they knew the simulation was broken because they could not save their configuration. I cannot say for all of the other track, but in the CCNA and CCNP track there are only a couple of simulations that require the candidate to save their configuration. The instructions for these simulations clearly indicate that the configuration must be saved.

For over eight years I have been trying to **** the “you must save your config” myth. There is enough stress in an exam without making an issue where there isn’t one.
    As for "wr mem" VS. "copy running stat", it is no secret that the only place saving the configuration is in the blueprint is in the CCNA domain. From that it is save to assume that the only place that saving a configuration is tested is in the CCNA track. We (Learing@Cisco) don't try to trick a candidate, so if it is required that the configuration be save it will be called out in the configuration. If you need save the configuration, either command will be accepted.
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
    @shortstop20
    Thank you for the posts but I prefer to try to save the config than not save and have a problem.
    Better safe than sorry - this is only one command but in real life it could save a lot of time. So there's nothing wrong to save config on exam.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    @ ShortStop - Are you saying that someone might lose points for doing a 'wr' on their configs on a simulation because it was not a requirement?
    ande0255 wrote: »
    @ ShortStop - Are you saying that someone might lose points for doing a 'wr' on their configs on a simulation because it was not a requirement?

No. I simply don't want people to think in hindsight that they failed the exam for not saving their config on a simulation that doesn't specify to save the config. I have seen lots of threads on various forums where people are convinced that they're getting docked points for not saving their configs or that the simulation was broken because they couldn't save their config. These ideas are damaging to candidates.

If you want to go ahead and save, then by all means, do so.
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015