Options

Nessus Cloud - your thoughts

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hey there,

I'm waiting for the Nessus Cloud license. Anyone have any thoughts as to if they like or dislike it and why? I've used the free version of Nessus before but thats it.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Why use the cloud version? Is this for personal or work? If work, what's your work's threshold for storing lists of your greatest technical weaknesses in a public server available for anybody in the world to try to connect to? Nessus on-prem is easy to set up, fwiw.
  • Options
    BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    We looked at Nessus but chose to go with Qualys, happy we did. Zero complaints with Qualys Cloud and cloud agents.
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I talked to the sales person and he suggested it.

I work at a school and so the way Nessus Cloud is set up, it seems like it would be easier to deal with since we have laptops going off site.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I would think for an enterprise Tenable Security Center would be the way to go if you want Nessus. Did you look at Rapid7 for Nexpose/Metasploit? We looked at Qualys too, but they were about 3 times as much
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I find Nessus Cloud's reporting tools to be nearly worthless, at least at whatever licensing level I happen to be working with. You get output choice of 3000 page pdf, 3000 page HTML, or a csv. At least the CSV can be worked with.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP