ISSMP passed. 1st attempt.

TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
Passed the ISSMP exam today.

My main study material was the ISACA CISM database. (I passed the CISM exam in September.)

CISM and ISSMP are very similar in topics, as have been discussed in other threads.

Overall it was a challenging exam. I thought the questions were more straight forward than the CISSP itself, and also very practical in nature.

Comments

• JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I'm hoping to explore the ISSMP in the future, thanks for sharing your experiences.
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! I'd definitely like to explore ISSMP in the future.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    So, just an update.

The ISSMP is now part of the normal endorsement application online process. Now, that's not to say that the process is the same. You just fill out some information, and attach your current resume/CV.

Instead of the quick process that people in the past have reported, and despite the application saying it would take 10 business days, it took 5 weeks from the date I submitted my application to approval.
  • jazz_01jazz_01 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! What resources did you used other that ISACA CISM database?