Passed 640/642

PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
Passed 640 back in October,(3rd time-815) passed 642 today(1st time-721)

Moving onto 646. Got to get it done by the end of Feb or my booster pack goes away..
Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
Working on - RHCE

Comments

• PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You definitely did much better than I did when I was going through my Bachelor's a few years ago. Good job!

I thought the 640 was "fairly" easy, failed it once. The 642 was a bear (passed on 4th try). Passed 646 on the first try, but only barely. If you've gotten through the first two, I think you'll do fine. Do yourself a favor and go over the technologies found here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mdop.aspx
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Appreciate the link. Thanks.

How did you find the 646 in comparison? I've seen a lot of people saying it's more of a review of the other 2 and more conceptual than technical.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I would have to agree for the most part. A lot of review. However, this exam goes a LOT more in-depth with virtualization. Additionally, it covers more along the lines of SAN technologies and high-availability. I felt that passing the 642 exam helped me the most. Oh, and DNS... Microsoft LOVES to incorporate DNS with all these exams, as you already know.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    PCTechLinc wrote: »
    I would have to agree for the most part. A lot of review. However, this exam goes a LOT more in-depth with virtualization. Additionally, it covers more along the lines of SAN technologies and high-availability. I felt that passing the 642 exam helped me the most. Oh, and DNS... Microsoft LOVES to incorporate DNS with all these exams, as you already know.

Appreciate the advice. Fortunately I'm very strong with DNS. I got 100% in the 640 and over 90% in 642.

Thanks Davis.
    Working on - RHCE