CCIE lab environment question

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi Guys
anyone sit for the exam recently?

do they have 2 monitors now to use? and what size are these monitors?
and is the key board spongy when punching the keys or are less noisy keyboards?

Comments

• keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    keenon ahah i guess quiet keyboards hahah you are funny. so how big you think 24 inch or 26 inch?
    and you can increase the zoom on the screen with the HELP drop down?
    congrats on your ccie..amazing!
    thanks

my desk monitors are 19in
    keenon thank so much this really helps me i have decided to study for ccie r/s and well i am counting the cost and doing a lot of research to prep and then hammer time haahh thank you ;)
  • AwesomeGarrettAwesomeGarrett Member Posts: 257
    The reddit thread was funny. I enjoy when people complain about the number of putty windows. That's the least of your worries during the exam.
    itdaddy wrote: »
    keenon thank so much this really helps me i have decided to study for ccie r/s and well i am counting the cost and doing a lot of research to prep and then hammer time haahh thank you ;)

I have posted a file in the CCIE forum that i used to help direct me in my studies which may be of use to you
  • KrekenKreken Member Posts: 284
    The reddit thread was funny. I enjoy when people complain about the number of putty windows. That's the least of your worries during the exam.

Why? I think it is legimate complain and it does force you to waste your time shuffling through the always on top windows instead of doing the config or troubleshooting.
    its a part of the lab, everything they throw at you is a part of it. don't complain, over come
    I agree all is part of the exam to waist your time to see if you can over come it some how exciting but how scary hahahha thanks men! for your help yeah i start my journey this year going to plan it out in detail...from start to x number of failed attempts yep I am going to do my best but plan failed attempts budget. I see many guys bang it the 3rd time but just will plan it well. will keep in touch with you dudes on this...
    Keenon I forgot to ask. WHat do they give you on the exam if you can tell me like do you see on the config topology everything IPs, Vlans, AS#etc. ? and you have to configure all interface IPs or are the interface IPs already configured you just configure all the protocols and subcommands to get it working? ANd you can save your work in each putty session? OH i heard the putty is not putty but just a windows telnet? can you adjust font size and foreground and background colors to your needs? thanks all helps me..and so one side is questions/maps and the other side is config windows? also i have hear the exam is like this as far as time:

TS 2.30 2 hours 30 min 10/10 tickets
    Diag 30 minutes 3 tickets x points each
    Config 5.00
    if you take up the 30minutes in TS your time is now 4.30 4 hours and 30 minutes for diag?
    5 sections:
    L2,L3,VPN,Security,Services?

Note: what if you finish early in TS is it carried to Diag? and or Config? to give you more time or does
    TS 2.30 onllygive you an extra say 30 or less min added to Config

thanks brother appreciate the insight
    you know telling you all that would be a vio right. here's what i can tell you think basic and how to make it work with basic.
    the cisco website has the best info about time allotments for the lab sections
    concerning what they throw at you cisco website as well
    i would suggest using vendor labs as they will help you get somewhat of a feel for the real lab. you can use vendor graded labs when your getting closer if you have time $$ or score yourself very hard if you want to keep the $.
    I passed on the third attempt
    1st was to get a feel and understanding - really was trying to pass but i wasn't messed up if i didn't
    2nd i thought i had it worked out- hard kick to the gut ( made me change my game plan and home lab setup)
    3rd a year later - took my time worked fast, reviewed and re verified everything
    thanks. I did ask a lot. Just to understand some things wasn't trying to break the NDA i think the times and what I asked is some place. thanks man will do. I hear many great CCIE pass the 3rd time. I will factor that in my studying. thanks and great job! you the man!
    No problem. Before scheduling the lab i had been inconsistently studying for the lab like i was taking the lab. ( listening to music , get frustrated and quit, etc) when i made up my mind i dedicated 2 days on the weekend to do 1 full 8 hr labs , TS and LAB in the very basic setup timing myself. During the week i reviewed, read, TS labs ( most are only 2 hours) and did tech specific labs on anything i may have been slow configuring or less than 100% sure of completely. Every weekend i would start at 7am and do a solid 8 with a 30min lunch this is what i did for months out from the lab date. Just so if you needed to get an idea. There was alot of prep prior to even signing up for the lab. More or less the check sheet i posted in another thread.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Hey itdaddy, I hope life is treating you well. I ran into some old coworkers of yours the other day. They told me to send their good wishes and hope your mom and sister are doing great!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    Iristangel you did hahahha they are good that is so funny thanks super woman
    hahha