Recommended CEH Study Guide

VictorVictor5VictorVictor5 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
Greetings all,

CEH is the next cert I want to tackle. While I am going through the boards here on how it seems easy (i.e., people finish it in an hour or less), I see 2 books that pop up: Walker's and Oriyano's.

Shout-out to those that gave me feedback alreadyicon_thumright.gif

So, can those that used either post on their experience with either? Maybe someone used both?

I have Net+ and passed Sec+ yesterday icon_cheers.gif - trying to transition in this field (have a PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering).

Thanks!
VV5
B.S. Electrical Engineering, M.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering, PhD Electrical and Computer Engineering
J.D. Candidate (2L)
In the books: CompTIA Network+, Security+, CEH, Associate of (ISC)^2, GIAC: GSEC, GAWN, GCIH, GPEN, GCFA
ProBoard: FF I & II; HAZMAT: Awareness, Operations, and Technician; Fire Instructor I; NREMT: EMT-B. Next up: Fire Officer I
Currently Working on: PE-Electrical and Electronics, Patent and State Bars, and Juris Doctor (law degree)
Next: GCIA/GCWN and/or GCUX/PMP/GSE
Next after next: Med school!!!!! Lol

Comments

• dkorzhevindkorzhevin Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I'm using next books now, as part of my preparation to CEH exam:
    • CEH v9: Certified Ethical Hacker Version 9 Study Guide (Sean-Philip Oriyano)
    • CEH v9: Certified Ethical Hacker Version 9 Practice Tests (Ray Blockmon)
    • CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-in-One Exam Guide, Third Edition (Matt Walker)
    • CEH Certified Ethical Hacker Practice Exams, Third Edition (Matt Walker)
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ^^ I'm doing the same. Also tossing in some Cybrary videos, CBT Nuggets and a few others. Plan to use CEH as a broad ground to start from and move out from there.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • dkorzhevindkorzhevin Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    p@r0tuXus wrote: »
    Plan to use CEH as a broad ground to start from and move out from there.

Same for me. Thinking about CHFI and C)PEH from Mile2 after.