NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
edited September 2019 in Project+

Comments

• EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got the email just a bit ago on this. I considered it, but am going to pass. I could pass this pretty easily if I had a couple weeks of study time, but I don't want to break my focus on CASP. And Project+ probably won't ever do anything for me, so it's just not worth it right now. Good luck to those that do take it!
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I echo that this will not benefit me, just like the CSA+, however perhaps it will benefit others trying to rack up some certs for cheap! Thanks for posting.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I signed up to take it, for $50 instead of $285...definitely a deal...I think I need the knowledge on how to handle projects easier anyways, so I think it will be beneficial
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • suncoast215suncoast215 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I didn't think it was too bad at all with zero study effort. There were a couple I was back and forth on but overall it's pretty simple. If you need certs this is a cheap way to get this one. I am in the middle of doing the CASP study and have taken the training and this fell right in line. icon_lol.gif
  • MrCWiltzMrCWiltz Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did it show you the score after you finished? Also did you use any study material?
    I didn't think it was too bad at all with zero study effort. There were a couple I was back and forth on but overall it's pretty simple. If you need certs this is a cheap way to get this one. I am in the middle of doing the CASP study and have taken the training and this fell right in line. icon_lol.gif

Did it show you the score after you finished? Also did you use any study material?
    Per their website:

* Beta Exam Results: Pass/fail information will not be available until Q2 2017; candidates will be notified. Only a numbered score is issued at the end of the beta exam. Exam objectives will not appear in beta exam results.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
    I found these YouTube videos if you ARE taking the beta exam. Not sure if they will help, but I am sure they will help.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjqe5muEthPmRKZ3M-pdrGLEfuDnVGh0e
  • azjeepazjeep Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the Beta. It does not tell you results at the end. In fact....from the comptia website:

Beta Exam Results: Pass/fail information will not be available until Q2 2017; candidates will be notified. Only a numbered score is issued at the end of the beta exam. Exam objectives will not appear in beta exam results.

I will find out in about 8 months, and let you know. haha
    azjeep wrote: »
    I took the Beta. It does not tell you results at the end. In fact....from the comptia website:

Beta Exam Results: Pass/fail information will not be available until Q2 2017; candidates will be notified. Only a numbered score is issued at the end of the beta exam. Exam objectives will not appear in beta exam results.

Yeah, sucks...but they will be culling through the questions that everyone got wrong or if they rec'd any negative feedback from certain questions.

I have been studying and DAMN it is boring stuff...It's taking me awhile to absorb it all, if I pass, great...if not, I am just out $50. From what I have been reading, this is not a popular cert and will be likely killed off in a couple of years (IMO). Cheers!
  • bshakilbshakil Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□

Finally. I was waiting for someone to take the Beta Exam. Mine is scheduled for 24th November. I know you cannot share exam questions or details. But if you can give me hint whether it was difficult or How much different from the regular Project+ Exam. Based on objectives i found it has a lot of new topics. Including Agile and SCRUM.

I wasnt planning to give this exam. But 50$ voucher makes it worth a try.
    I felt like the exam was very easy. I went through the Sybex Study guide in about 2 days, plus I had previous experience to the material. Most of the questions were common sense. There were a few that were very specific calculations which only used acronyms. I forgot what the acronyms stood for, so I guessed, but that was only on like 2 questions.
    I felt like the exam was very easy. I went through the Sybex Study guide in about 2 days, plus I had previous experience to the material. Most of the questions were common sense. There were a few that were very specific calculations which only used acronyms. I forgot what the acronyms stood for, so I guessed, but that was only on like 2 questions.

2 days?? Are you a speed reader, LOL??

@ bshakil...I need to review the new objectives, I have been mainly reading the v003 book, watching YouTube videos, Udemy videos too. I barely can remember what I read, LMAO!...Some people have the ability to take "image snapshots" of what they read, ME, not so much.

As far as sharing info, I believe that would also compromise the terms of a certification & it could possibly decertify/ban you if you were to share info about the exam. So, be careful what you share to others.
    shochan wrote: »
    2 days?? Are you a speed reader, LOL??

I thought the book looked more intimidating than it actually was. I am at WGU, and I went through the coursework at the same time as I went through the book. The book is surprisingly small.

I also did a Project Management 3 day class a couple of years ago for work. Like I said, I have some previous knowledge of the subject matter.
    I decided to bail on Project+ Beta...it was too much geared for managing & not technical, like I am...I tried to absorb the content for about 6 weeks, but continued to do badly on the chapter exams. I decided to go after Linux+ instead and that is more what I am interested in learning.
    I just took the Beta exam. It was wasn't that difficult as I thought it would be, but it will be important to know what the acronyms are and what they mean. I knew most of them but some of them I didn't remember during test time (RFI, EAC, BAC, etc).

Can't wait until my score comes in.
  • mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Scheduled to take this next Wednesday. I am actually interested in PM and will likely pursue a CAPM or PMP in a year or two, but figured this would be a decent first step -- it's cheap, it's a lifetime certification, it will build some basic mental categories for future certifications, and it will put something with the word "project" in it on my resume.
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took Project+ when it first came out years ago....I think about 10 years ago. Rather glad to see CompTIA still sees it has value. I found it worthwhile, at least for learning basic acronyms and terminology around IT projects. While I never had big plans to be a project manager, I've had to manage and work on a large number of IT projects over the years with other departments and teams, so the exam did help with foundational concepts and considerations when I was still a bit new at all of it.
    Took the Project+ Beta exam this morning. I just used the Sybex PK0-003 book (with the practice exams on the CD) to prepare. There wasn't much on the exam that wasn't covered or at least mentioned in the book. I used my scribble sheet to write out the EVM formulas.

Obviously it's hard to gauge since there are so many vague "best answer" questions, but I think I did pretty well on it. 120 questions is a lot for an entry-level exam, but since the questions are not overly complicated it goes pretty quickly -- I think I still had 53 minutes on the clock when I was done.

I did notice that despite what has been quoted in this thread, my results sheet did not show a numerical score (and no Pass or Fail, obviously).

It was kind of funny -- about 10 minutes after I left the test center, I received an email from CompTIA congratulating me on passing my recent certification exam. I was extremely confused for a moment before realizing that the timing must be coincidental and that it was likely referring to either my Network+ or Healthcare IT Technician exams that I took within the last month or so.
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    Has anyone received there test scores for this yet?
    Q2 2017.
    Dang, I was told Q1 when I spoke with CompTIA last year about it. But thanks for the update!
    Looks like CompTIA has started releasing results for the beta exam. I checked the Certmetrics site this morning and it shows that I passed.
  • swampratswamprat Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, mgeoffriau!
  • fredfarmerfredfarmer Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yep, I passed it as well and it showed up on Certmetrics. I used Lynda.com, just watched the old Project+ videos.
  • bshakilbshakil Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the project+ beta exam. I can download the logos but i dont see the option of downloading the PDF Certificate like i get for other comptia exams. Can anyone please confirm if thats the case with them.
  • Eston21Eston21 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Your certificate hasn't been mailed out yet. When it has you will have the option of downloading it on the site.
  • afsinclairafsinclair Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got my results and passed it as well. My PDF version of the cert isn't on the site yet either.

The test wasn't too hard.
  • heatmizer6heatmizer6 Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I received my results as well and passed! No PDF version either.