Free PTS course from eLearnSecurity

BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
Just register for their upcoming webinar. All attendee's receive a free PTSv3 course. It will probably be barebones, but for those who are curious about their setup and what the training might look like, here you go.

https://www.elearnsecurity.com/resources/webinars/livehera

The promise of the free course was in the email, but I don't see it on this page. Might still be worth checking out for some of you.

Comments

• ChilltechChilltech Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Free is free :) Even if it is barebones. Their training is top notch.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    thanks for posting, I signed up
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    i sat through the hour, but I kinda zoned out at the end, (I was working and watching)

i used my registered link, so they should know I was there, am I supposed to do anything else? he didn't say anything at the end about how to sign up did he?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    They'll send info in 24-48 hours. Check out this forum on their site: https://community.elearnsecurity.com/forum/55-see-through-the-eyes-of-a-pentester

You'll find lots of great Q&A about the webinar and program.
    thanks, excited to start the course
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    I recommend going ahead and signing up for the Full or Elite versions so you can get access to the labs.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    once you have barebones, a full upgrade is 200-250.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Dr. FluxxDr. Fluxx Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is this still available to sign up?
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No, but they should be posting the recording anytime now. It was a good presentation. Short and to the point. Not overly technical. I enjoyed it, even though I worked through the whole thing. I'll go back and watch it again.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
    This may work:
    MASPTv2 pre-order offer 1

And yes, what p@r0tuXus said.
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    After watching the webinar and having a look at the materials, this further solidfies my belief that the courses on Udemy by Zaid Sabih are better and FAR cheaper. Sure you don't get a piece of paper at the end that says you know something but his courses will better prepare you for the OSCP than these courses.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did anyone get the email with the free course? I am a little worried because I was a few minutes late.
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
    McxRisley wrote: »
    After watching the webinar and having a look at the materials, this further solidfies my belief that the courses on Udemy by Zaid Sabih are better and FAR cheaper. Sure you don't get a piece of paper at the end that says you know something but his courses will better prepare you for the OSCP than these courses.

anything particular you recommend?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    Did anyone get the email with the free course? I am a little worried because I was a few minutes late.

no but I got 2 emails today. one for the webinar and one as a thank you for attending
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    Attended the full webinar but have not received anything other than the thank you emails. I suspect they will probably email out courses later today or tomorrow.
  • 2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mooseboost wrote: »
    Attended the full webinar but have not received anything other than the thank you emails. I suspect they will probably email out courses later today or tomorrow.

they already sent out the video for the webinar
    22306 wrote: »
    they already sent out the video for the webinar

Those who attended the webinar will also receive a barebones edition of the PTS course - which it looks like they have not sent out yet.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□

I get what your saying but its hard to make that conclusion when you have not used elearnsecurity and you do not even have your OSCP yet. You made two assumptions that you have yet to experience first hand.

I know OSCP is a beast, I plan on starting OSCP in March.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX

I would equate PTP more with preparing you for OSCP than the PTS course. I have no experience with Zaid Sabih but his course does seem close to what is offered in the PTS course outside of having access to the virtual labs.
  • wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□

Are you comparing the ejpt or the ecppt
  • lugerluger Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□

You really hate elearnsecurity with a passion do you? icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

The material is good and will prepare you for the OSCP but yes the labs sort of suck compared to OSCP and the $1100 price tag does not justify the PTP cost. If I were to go back I would certainly be on the lookout for other material to prepare me for the OSCP which is much cheaper.
  • wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If anyone wants a free barebones code send me a PM i have 1 invite
    I have access to the materials for PTS. While you are correct that I do not yet have my OSCP, I am currently enrolled in the course and know what is required to do well in the labs. The materials in PTS are lacking compared to that of the Udemy courses I took. I'm not telling anyone what to do here, if you prefer to spend money on the eLearn courses then go right ahead. I'm merely voicing my opinion and trying to save people some time and money.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have access to the materials for PTS. While you are correct that I do not yet have my OSCP, I am currently enrolled in the course and know what is required to do well in the labs. The materials in PTS are lacking compared to that of the Udemy courses I took. I'm not telling anyone what to do here, if you prefer to spend money on the eLearn courses then go right ahead. I'm merely voicing my opinion and trying to save people some time and money.

The thing that is different though is that Udemy only offers the course, whereas elearnsecurity offers the labs as well. So in that sense you can actually practice what you are learning as the labs have been created to target a specific topic and at the end you are given a result based on that lab. On Udemy you would have to set up your own vulnerable lab which might have more vulnerabilities that you might noy be familiar on how to exploit for example. Correct me if I'm wrong here. Otherwise if udemy offera the labs also, then yeah it is a better deal.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    By the way I received the free invite from the webinar. Chexk your emails.
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    The thing that is different though is that Udemy only offers the course, whereas elearnsecurity offers the labs as well. So in that sense you can actually practice what you are learning as the labs have been created to target a specific topic and at the end you are given a result based on that lab. On Udemy you would have to set up your own vulnerable lab which might have more vulnerabilities that you might noy be familiar on how to exploit for example. Correct me if I'm wrong here. Otherwise if udemy offera the labs also, then yeah it is a better deal.

You setup your own lab in the Udemy courses, this is a critical skill that A LOT of people overlook merely because it is an inconvenience. Setting up the lab for the course takes less than an hour and you can practice everything that you learn in his courses in this lab. Some other bonuses are that Zaid constantly updates his courses and adds new sections to them, he is also very responsive and helpful in the Q&A sections of his courses.
  • tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got an invite, and I invited myself. Greedy?

If I am getting my CEH and CHFI through WGU, is it worth it for me to actually go through with the PTS exam? I will supplement the material, but maybe I should just go straight for the PTP later on.
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
    Everyone who attended the webinar should now have their barebones invites.