LPIC-2 or RHCSA

TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey guys wanted the opinion of the community of where to take my studies next this year. I have the Linux+ (LPIC-1). Was wondering what would be a nice step next the LPIC-2 or RHCSA. Don't really mind the ROI because I'm in security but would like to know more Linux. I see that LPIC-2 covers some web services.

What do you guys think?
These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/

Comments

• RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What's the class in the bundle? I might have access to it.
    Remedymp wrote: »
    You could try LFCS+Security.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    RHCSA is considered entry level just like the LPIC-1. RHCE would be on the same level as LPIC-2, however LPIC-2 actually covers more content than the RHCE exam and is considered to be vendor neutral, so if you don't plan on working solely with Red Hat I suggest continuing with LPI.
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TacoRocket wrote: »
    What's the class in the bundle? I might have access to it.

System Administration + Security.
  • lovejoilovejoi Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well if you do not have LPIC-1, you can not pass LPIC-2. And as I Think the same are in Red Hat. so what certification you have? Because I have LPIC-1 and Planning to go to LPIC-2 in near future.
    I have the LPIC-1. It's the Linux+ 3 in 1 combo. Looking into what would be good for Linux knowledge.
    lovejoi wrote: »
    well if you do not have LPIC-1, you can not pass LPIC-2. And as I Think the same are in Red Hat. so what certification you have? Because I have LPIC-1 and Planning to go to LPIC-2 in near future.

• dkorzhevindkorzhevin Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I advise doing LPIC-2, instead of RHCSA. Also, look at LFCS and LFCE from Linux Foundation - they are much more practical, in real environment, comparing to just answering questions in LPIC.

Dmitry
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    TacoRocket wrote: »
    I have the LPIC-1. It's the Linux+ 3 in 1 combo. Looking into what would be good for Linux knowledge.

As far as content covered, the Linux Professional Institute definitely takes the cake. Their exams cover more items than any Red Hat and the Linux Foundation exams. They also dive deeper into advanced topics (LPIC-3) like mixed environments, security, and clustering.
  • asummersasummers Member Posts: 157
    Remember to consider how valuable they are in your working location, in UK LPIC are unheard of, and therefore not worth much
  • lovejoilovejoi Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So what did you decided? On what way are you?
    Probably going to do both.

First with RHCSA since we are doing infrastructure upgrades to RHEL 7. This will let me get a slice of that action.

Then LPIC-2 since my employer will pay for it too.
    lovejoi wrote: »
    So what did you decided? On what way are you?

• scottctaylor12scottctaylor12 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would highly recommend the RHCSA! My work uses CentOS 7 and every day I learned a new objective I applied it in my work eventually. The exam is very real world applicable and requires test takers to really know their stuff. Visit certdepot.net for great tutorials on how to complete the objectives. Best of luck with Linux!