CISSP Passed

scbrewerscbrewer Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Everyone,

I've been lurking these forums, taking advise from people on how to study for the CISSP and I've recently just passed mine and wanted to go through what formula worked for me to hopefully help out anyone else.

ISC2 Official Study Guide - Read this from cover to cover to start my preparation. It was very informative and got me familiar enough with all the concepts that I could recognize during the next few steps.

CCCure Questions - After reading the OSG, I went ahead and did 1000 questions from CCCure to get familiar with question formats. I also took the time to read each answer explanation and try to commit to memory.

Sunflower PDF - Yup, best resource out of anything I'm going to list. Amazing for quick glances at lunch or when you only have a few minutes to study. Really helped put everything in "buckets" of similar information.

Sunflower link: https://www.kilala.nl/Sysadmin/Images/CISSP_Summary_V1.1.pdf

11th Hour - Ran through this 3 times. Great book as it covers everything just enough at this stage of the preparation process.

Sybex official questions - found these way to technical and they didn't have as good of explanations that other question banks did

Boson questions - 750 of the best questions/explanations you'll find for the CISSP. They are $89, but its worth every penny.

Overall study time - 5 Weeks

If you have any questions that wont violate the NDA, please ask and I will do my very best to answer in a quick manner.

Thanks for all your help!

Comments

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations & thanks for the resources!
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • dkndkn Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for the info.
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats ! now get that paperwork submitted and hurry up and wait :)
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Congrats, I passed on Monday, much like jcundiff said, I'm very impatiently waiting
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • DntH8MeDntH8Me Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    scbrewer wrote: »
    Overall study time - 5 Weeks

Congrats!

5 weeks though Wow, it seems like I've been in the 1st chapter that long icon_study.gif I need to step it up
    2019 Certification Goals: ​CEH | PenText + | CISM? | stop procrastinating
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□