Options

Project Portfolio

mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
All
Looking for a way to display a PMO's project portfolio. The objective is to list all of the projects out of this office for convenient viewing on one timeline and when possible, print them on one page. I've been trying to incorporate these projects onto a single timeline in Microsoft project, but the results are kind of clunky.

Does anyone have a template or application they can recommend?
Questions, please let me know.
Thank you
Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)

Comments

• Options
    Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i've been wondering about using a wordpress site
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Are you looking for an enterprise solution? I've used Clarity which is nice but I understand that implementation is quite expensive and integration into MS Project is available. I think the HP solution is suppose to be decent too. I personally like Jira and Trello to manage portfolio's of projects but since you are MS Project based - I don't think those would work for you.

Personally - I've never seen a PPM solution that I liked icon_smile.gif

Since you are MS Project based - have you looked at Project Online? I believe there is a PPM component to it.
  • Options
    nashirnashir Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wordpress is the best. But customized portfolio is the best with UX/UI.
  • Options
    mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    To anyone that may be interested:
    I used Microsoft Project 2010 to create our portfolio, but unfortunately, it does not display multiple projects in a single timeline to my liking. Project 2016 has the option of creating multiple timelines on a single page, but if the project schedule is comparatively short, it may not display enough information in an overview. I ended up using Visio to create our existing timeline from Excel and the powers that be were pleased enough so that is that.

Questions, please let me know
    Thanks
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)