CISSP Prep: DHS funded FedVTE or Cybrary ?

billDFWbillDFW Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
Due to my employer, I have access to free FedVTE CISSP prep videos.

I would prefer not to use both video sources to prep (due to time constraints) so which one is better, for video prep ?

Thank You !

:)

* side question: I started watching the videos, plan to purchase the Sybex and Conrad book also. Is "take exam by Dec-31 2016" a realistic goal ? That is 3+ months away.

Comments

• dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have watched both. The FedVTE videos are more in depth and cover more ground but the Cybrary videos seem more pinpointed to taking the actual test. I think watching both would be beneficial.
  • billDFWbillDFW Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dhay13 wrote: »
    I have watched both. The FedVTE videos are more in depth and cover more ground but the Cybrary videos seem more pinpointed to taking the actual test. I think watching both would be beneficial.

OK thank you !!!!
  • fmachadofmachado Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey how did you do on the exam? Would you say the FedVTE was better than the Cybrary videos? What is your recommendation?

Thanks!
  • mhyrulemhyrule Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    fmachado wrote: »
    Hey how did you do on the exam? Would you say the FedVTE was better than the Cybrary videos? What is your recommendation?

Thanks!

I am not too sure about FedVTE, but Cybrary gave a good intake on how to approach the exam and with the content given it was easier to understand material when studying.
    dhay13 makes the point there.

I would also consider CBT Nugget's video course. There is the free trial so you can watch the videos. Keith does a pretty good explanation for all about range of material, and helped me with some clarifications regarding physical security and so on..
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My main sources were:
    first thing i did was go through the FedVTE videos
    next i started taking practice tests in McGraw Hill (https://www.mhprofessionalresources.com//sites/CISSPExams/exam.php?id=AccessControl)
    then i started watching the cybrary videos. takes quite awhile to get through
    then i read the Sybex 7th edition

passed on my first attempt so that worked for me. by the time i took the test i had forgot most of what i learned in FedVTE but still a good source to get started