Great deal on a Hacker course

The apparently regular cost of this course is $1499.00 but it's now available for $59.00. I've used Udemy for security courses and they're often good to excellent. Link ---> https://deals.thehackernews.com/sales/computer-hacker-professional-certification-package-2?utm_source=thehackernews.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=cert-bundle-home

Comments

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Whaaaaat? Looking at their site, it looks good but unrealistic. This one course is supposed to prepare you for your CEH, CHFI, CISA, CISM & CISSP. In just 19 modules. No wonder it's $1500. lulz
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Vizual Coaching Academy. I'm just surprised they didn't spell it "Hackerz"
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    "What if"... it's really a very elaborate site to phish hackers and other computer peoples... how epic would that be?

Can sources using this site weigh in?
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • ChinookChinook Member Posts: 206
    I doubt it prepares you for all those exams. That's not why I posted it. For $59 bucks it's likely a good starter/introduction to the world. I'll spend the 59 bucks and report back in.

Admittedly, I raised and eyebrow from the initial price tag. It is the Hacker News & those guys are legit security dudes
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Who is the instructor? What is his or her name? If the name looks foreign and non-English, is the speech quality in the video clear and easy to understand? I suspect the answers to those questions might be deliberately obfuscated with this course.

I have no qualms in learning from a video taught by a non-native English speaker, as long as the English is clearly spoken. There are a bunch of courses online that appear polished and professional on the signup page, but then you end up getting a mumbly Indian accent for the actual content.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    $59 for what is probably better explained in random youtube videos and Cybrary, also free. It's not that $59 for training is a lot, but that if no one has ever heard of it and they make up a random value in the thousands so they can claim a huge discount that it becomes very suspect.

If I told you that my 10 year old car is worth $50K but I'll give it to you at a giant discount for only $10K, would you run to buy it or question it?
  • Dr. FluxxDr. Fluxx Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Udemy is great. However some of the instructors are not.
    Gotta read those reviews.
  • Dr. FluxxDr. Fluxx Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ive heard alot of great things about Cybrary.
  • Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's a great Website. You should get yourself signed up, a lot of FREE resources on there.