Options

'Network Fundamentals' & 'LAN Switching Fundamentals' topics

Gallain123Gallain123 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I'm new to the forums here. Recently this week i failed my ICND 1 exam with a score of 813 icon_sad.gif

My category scores were:

Network Fundamentals-58%
LAN Switching Fundamentals-63%
Routing Fundamentals-80%
Infrastructure Services-89%
Infrastructure Maintenance-88%

I realise i'm close to passing but those first two topics are really making a dent in my overall score.

Do you have any possible tips for those two topics? I'm not sure if it's the weird way cisco seem to word their questions or if there are just some gaps in my knowledge (probably the latter).

I've seen there are some practice questions on this website so i'll try those out too.

My revision sources are:

Chris Bryant CCNA Bulldog videos
Packet Tracer Labs
Boson Exam Sim

Comments

• Options
    atippettatippett Member Posts: 154
    Gallain123 wrote: »
    My revision sources are:

Chris Bryant CCNA Bulldog videos
    Packet Tracer Labs
    Boson Exam Sim

Are you saying that is all that you studied? If it was me, there is no way I can pass ANY exam without reading a book. Books go much deeper in detail than videos do.
  • Options
    Gallain123Gallain123 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah that's all i studied. Perhaps that is where the gap in knowledge is from then. I've just started reading the 100-105 official cert guide by Wendell Odom which i'm not loving so far but i'll give it a chance.
  • Options
    atippettatippett Member Posts: 154
    It is a dry read. You could try Lammle's book. It is much easier to read, although be careful because I don't think he gets it proof read before he prints his books lol. Some of his configs are just plain wrong. For example, in his TACACS config, he just copy and pasted his config for RADIUS, for his ICND2 book.