Request for 70-698 Study Materials

harshaabbaharshaabba Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I am planning to do the 70-698 Exam. Can any one please share me the study materials for the exam ?

Cheers
Harsha

Comments

• malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Definitely get the William Panek 70-698 Study Guide. The physical book is due to be release soon but the Ebook is available. Also CBT Nuggets have completed their 70-698 course now, you get access to the Transcender practice exams too if you sign upto them.

Aviod the official Exam Ref Study guide at all costs.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• NicoloNicolo Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For those who've already passed the 698 , I have a question.

I think the exam topics are not utterly disclosed in the official MS link , are they ?

I'm gonna quote directly from that :
    • Prepare for installation requirements
      • Determine hardware requirements and compatibility; choose between an upgrade and a clean installation; determine appropriate editions according to device type; determine requirements for particular features, such as Hyper-V, Cortana, Miracast, Virtual Smart Cards, and Secure Boot; determine and create appropriate installation media
    • Install Windows
      • Perform clean installations, upgrade using Windows Update, upgrade using installation media, configure native boot scenarios, migrate from previous versions of Windows, install to virtual hard disk (VHD), boot from VHD, install on bootable USB, install additional Windows features, configure Windows for additional regional and language support

There's no mention of "Creating a reference Image" and "Deploy Windows 10" as it was for the 70-680 Exam (which I took and passed a month ago).

so the question is : do I need to know , for the exam , those topic ? I mean all the dism, WDS, WinPE, etc etc stuff ?

thanks in advance.
  • harshaabbaharshaabba Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Definitely get the William Panek 70-698 Study Guide. The physical book is due to be release soon but the Ebook is available. Also CBT Nuggets have completed their 70-698 course now, you get access to the Transcender practice exams too if you sign upto them.

Aviod the official Exam Ref Study guide at all costs.

Hi malachi1612,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Is there any way I can download the CBT Nuggets ? torrent, uploaded etc ?
    Is there any study group which I can Join ?

Cheers
    Harsha
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Unfortunately there isn't a download function for CBT nuggets, the only way you can is using the mobile app. Even then its only valid for 30 days.

All the videos have a comments section, so you can asked questions in there or on the CBT nuggets slack forums.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• NicoloNicolo Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I confirm what Malachi said. I'm a CBTN subscriber (the monthly fee is not cheap at all) and I'm currently watching the 70-698 course. I watched just the first 6 videos and so far I'm not truly satisfied ... They're like... superficial, they never cover any topic in detail , they're just kind of scratching the surface.. Of course it's too soon to give a final statement because - again - I went through the first six videos.. I hope the quality will increase as I continue to watch.